cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button from Adobe form doesn't trigger event???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having this weird problem, the submit button wont trigger any event i register to "submit" and so as to the "check" event. when i send the link to one of my colleagues, the button can trigger the event.

i am using adobe reader 8 on IE 6, didn't solve the problem when i downgrade it to reader 7.

any advice???

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when the first time i open the link from my IE, IE told me to install a ActiveX plug in, but after installation, it shows a box saying there's something wrong with the setting, adobe reader 6/7 is not installed properly. but i was using reader 8 at the mo.

i tried to downgrade to 7, but with no luck.

guys, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too had a similar problem sometime back regarding the Submit button. Since you are saying that it is working for your colleague but not you, I predict that something wrong with the network you are in, compared to that of your friend. Have you provided the Preprocessor URL for the button in the Adobe designer?

Cheers

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

the EP server is a company server, my colleague is in different country, we both use VPN to access.

it shouldn't be the problem with IE settings right?

thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of IF you are using? If using ActiveX forms you need to have ACF installed on the client machine for proper functioning of forms. For ZCI forms, try using Reader 8.1.x or above.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arafat, installing the ACF solved my problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ACF only works for Reader 7, when i upgraded to Reader 8, the buttons dont work again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just uninstall the ACF & reader both and then install in the following sequence:

Adobe Reader 8.1 or above -> ACF

This will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Arafat