cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 10 transactions in terms of dialog steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a client that I need to compare their top 10 transactions in terms of dialog steps to the SAP average. I don't know where to go to get that average. I know not all systems are the same and I also know this is pretty much an impossible task. Is there some place where averages for different configurations might be posted?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion a SAP average (R/3 ?, ECC ?, PI ?, SRM ?, CRM ?) does not mean anything.

There are as many different usage of SAP products as the number of different SAP customers.

Just tell the person making the requirement that it's pointless and meaningless.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver. I agree it is pointless. But, it's what they asked for. So I really have to come up with something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Well, if they asked you to fly to Mars what would you tell them? Olivier is exactly right...not only is this an impossible task -- such an "average" simply does not exist -- but any such average would have absolutely no meaning.

What you need to come up with is a graceful explanation of the fact that they do not understand what they are asking in the first place. I have been a consultant before and still talk to customers on a regular basis, so I understand that this may not be the easiest task. However, it is much easier that what they are asking for in the first place! Your best route will be to educate them. In the long run they will respect you more for it.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt. I know it is pointless. I'll come up with something else that makes sense to present to them.