cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining import paarmeter in a RFC in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is like this.

The data come in XI from Web service.XML structure is recived and the same is then sent across to an rfc.

This rfc should get trigerred, do some calculations and respond back with the same XML structure in its export paarmeters.

My question is what should the import parameter in RFc look like when i recive the data from XI.

This data will be consisting of several records with the same kind of data.

Please let em know if any of you ahve any answer to this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>My question is what should the import parameter in RFc look like when i recive the data from XI.

the import parameter should have all the fields as same as in the xml structure.

>>This data will be consisting of several records with the same kind of data.

You could use the tables instead of the import parameter

Thanks

SaNv...

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think we can't use same structure for import and export in RFC. According your requirement based on source input built RFC import structure. After calculations again RFC will give export parameters, based on export parameters make receiver target structure for SOAP.

Here source side we can use same format for input and output but RFC side i think we can't use same structure for import and export, make difference in variables names. We can get same structure, depends on records occurance will come

I hope now little bit clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

Suppose this is the data that i recive from XI

<Header>

<name>ABC</name>

<id>123</id>

</Header>

<Header>

<name>XYZ</name>

<id>234</id>

</Header>

Now can you please tell me what should the import parameter in R/3 RFC look like.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Tables and not import parameter as the records are repeating.

1. Create an transparent table with the fields name and id.

2. In the table parameter using define this table parameter as

Parameter Name Typing Associated Type

<table name> - like - <transparent table>

if the same fields needs to be returned for each record then use the same in Changing parameter if RFC instead of Tables.

Thanks

SaNv....