cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container operation step in BPM using context object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in my BPM I have a send step using the file adapter. The file adapter builds a dynamic filename.

Now I want to have the filename back into an acknowledgement. First, I need it in the container, right?

So after the send step, I have a container operation step as follows:

target: simple string

mode: assign or append, doesn't matter

expression: In expression editor, I select Interface variable 'message', then context object 'FileName' from namespace http://sap.com/xi/XISystem/File

This should be the filename from the fileadapter, right?

In SXI_Cache, I get return code 99:

The Value of Expression '&MESSAGE.FILENAME&' Cannot Serve As the Source of an Assignment

Why is there a context object, if you can' t use it??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, the filename in the Dynamic Header will be lost in when the message enters the BPM.

As a work around, make a mapping at the Interface Determination level that reads the filename from the SOAP header and sets it into the payload which can be accessed inside the BPM.

Reason the way I see this that the BPM does not store the filename is ,

1. What if you have multiple receive steps in the BPM with a fork.

2. How would the context object know which filename you want to read?

The reason you see this in the context object is because all Context Objects are the info you get from the Adapter metadata.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

ok, If I understand you right, you say that the workflow object leaves the BPE, goes to the adapter which sends the payload away , then it goes back into BPE whereas the filename gets lost?

Sounds serious to me, with all this ABAP-> Java-> ABAP->... hopping within XI.

But can you please explain a little further what I shall do? How can I get the filename into the payload? What payload do you mean, since in the payload that goes to the recipient, I must not have the filename, it would not fit into the message structure. Thanks a lot in advance!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure at which point you want the filename, but yes, you would have to modify the structure of the message that comes into the BPM to have the filename. The file name will have to be read using the Dynamic Configuration and stored in a XML tag as needed.

Likewise when the message leaves the BPM to the user, you will have to have mapping ( Interface Mapping ) in the Interface Determination that removes this file name tag and so on.

I do hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Bhavesh

PS : Its 3 run time engines in XI , IE, AE and BPE and BPE does not persist the SOAP header from the IE / AE,

Answers (0)