cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library 11.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I want to design the CR at runtime because depending upon the situation the SProcs return 20 or 30 or 40 columns. so am using Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library 11.0 COM component. but i dont know how to write the code for this dll and the same time i want to bind the image also from the SQL database as BLOB. Could any body post sample code.

Tools am using :

Asp.Net 2.0, SQL Server 2005, Crystal Report 11.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

The RDC CR Designer (craxddrt.dll) has been deprecated and is no longer supported as a Report design tool with CR 2008.

At this time we recommend you use RAS ( Report Application Server ) and create your own Report Designer. You'll have to upgrade to CR XI R2 SP2 which is free to do so.

You can find samples available [Here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-downloads]

And SDK references [Here|https://boc.sdn.sap.com/developer/library]

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Williams,

Thanks for your response. If i install CR XI release 2 service 2 then which dll i need to add, because lot of namespace is there such as

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.TemplateEngine Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ObjectFactory Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel Namespace

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Utilities Namespace

One more time let me explain my task:

During design time i just create a Blank Crystal report and run time i need to design the crystal report with columns(Fields) so which dll need to add, could you please guide me?

0 Kudos

You will likely need them all.

Here's another [link|https://boc.sdn.sap.com/developer/library] to our Diamond support site which has much more info and sample code.

Find this section:

Sample Code

Download sample code projects to run in your BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 and Crystal Reports 2008 development environments.

Title (click to download) Technology Topic

BusinessObjects Enterprise Java SDK Sample Code Java Enterprise Administration

Report Application Server Java SDK Sample Code Java Crystal Reports

Viewers Java SDK Sample Code Java Crystal Reports

Report Engine Java SDK Sample Code Java Web Intelligence

Web Services Java SDK Sample Code Java Web Services

Data Access Driver Java Sample Code Java Data Access

Crystal Reports .NET SDK Sample Code .NET Crystal Reports

Report Application Server .NET SDK Sample Code .NET Crystal Reports

Web Services .NET SDK Sample Code .NET Web Services

Desktop Intelligence COM SDK Sample Code COM Desktop Intelligence

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai thanks for your response,

Actualy i already tried it but there is no code like my task, could you please give me any sample source code?

0 Kudos

What you are asking for is beyond the scope of this forum. Possibly you could call our Profession Services at the sales line and have someone help you write your code.

You may also try the link from CR Designer XI R2, lower section and Download Samples. This will link you to a large source of RAS samples.

You also have the option to purchase a single case and have a dedicated Engineer assist you.

Answers (0)