cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select statements in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

what happens if u use lot of select statements in smartform rather than in driver program...

regards,

P.Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also driver program is required to fill in the interface as required to be passed on to the smartforms so that relevant data is available in smartforms to be displayed.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did face such errors when in smartforms there are too many program lines with selects and also too many dummy nodes.

So we did a clean up by using performance oriented selects and also deleted no more required nodes.

The system converts the nodes into ABAP statements and so if it crosses more than some value it throws jump distance errors.

So better to use nodes and also selects in program lines judiciously and performance oriented ways to avoid such errors.

Regards,

Ram

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit,

then wat the purpose we have driver program....everything can be done in smartforms..

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

You wrote :hi amit,
then wat the purpose we have driver program....everything can be done in smartforms..

yes i was expecting this questiong from you next.

let me explain why we need driver program!

major reason we cant create Transaction for smartform.so how can you give your smartform to your enduser?they are not suppose to run every time smartform by smartforms trasaction itself.

so we must need to attach smartform to our driver program and we create a transaction for that driver program.than user supposr to run only that transaction every time.

I hope your doubt clear.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AMIT,

IF WE STANDARD TRANSACTION SUCH AS VL02 , VF02..THEN WHAT THE PURPOSE TO USE DRIVER PRG..I THINK IT GIVES SOME JUMP DISTANCE ERROR..

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Jump distance error some time.but even we can get rid from jump distance error by using perform statement in smartform.and perform should be written in global defination>form routines.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then a jump distance error would be caused while issuing the document to printer or print preview.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

no error occurs for me...everything going well...but,i think any performance issuse ....