cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning area - selection ids inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an unusual problem. I have transported my MPOS, PA PB DV selection id and datasource from APO dev server to APO quality server. Everything seems fine.

When i try to take a forecast run in the APO quality server i get an ABAP error SAPSQL_SELECT_WA_TOO_SMALL.

there is another PA in the quality server for another country.

Now for some reason when i run a consistency check on selections for my planning area and then take a forecast run i dont get the error.

But the other planning area gets the error.

When i take the same consistency check on the other PA then i get an error for my PA while running the forecast.

on checking the error it seems that both the planning areas generate the same internal table (/1APO/T010000062 and /1APO/S010000062) for selection id. which should not happen.

How do i rectify this issue.

Kindly help

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

you can try report for the consistency cehck for selections for all PA by /SAPAPO/MCPSH_GEN_SELTAB_CHECK and fix if any.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can you check entry in the table :/SAPAPO/TS_SELKO of Sel ID for which you are running forecast.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the consistency with the below program

/SAPAPO/MCPSH_GEN_SELTAB_MGM

Hope this would help

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kumar,

I am using the same program for consistency checks but still the problem is there i.e if my planning Area becomes consistent, the Planning Area for other country becomes inconsistent.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am facing the same problem; if I remove the inconsistencies in one planning area other becomes inconsistent.

Please guide how you solved the problem.

Regards

Manu

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

There is a bug for Planning Areas in SAP.

If you look at the table /sapapo/tsareate and check entries against the Planning Areas, you would see that these 2 Planning Areas are getting the same entry for selections (Either or both of fields DOCTAB/SELTAB would have the same value).

Resolution is in OSS note 769994. Apply this in your system.

This won't resolve the current issue. It would only prevent that the next time when you run consistency check or activate the POS or take actions related to selections, the issue will not re-occur.

For current situation, either ask SAP for help to delete the erroneous entries in fields DOCTAB/SELTAB (as required) of /SAPAPO/TSAREATE through an OSS message. Then they could take the actions which I am mentioning below.

Or you yourself could ask your technical/Basis team to make changes in table manually (make these fields DOCTAB/SELTAB blank for ONE of the planning area, DO NOT delete the complete entry), then apply the note and subsequently activate the POS of the PA for which you had deleted the entries in /SAPAPO/TSAREATE table. This should resolve the issue.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan,

Works perfect for me.

Hope could have appreciated the answers with points, anyway thanks a lot.

Regards

Manu