cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test/Trial project on MDM and XI integration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test/Trial project on MDM and XI integration.

I want to try out a test case scenario where in i would be importing and exporting data to XI (Using XML files i guess)

I am a newbie in MDM integration.

Please help me out with my trial project.

What i already have:

I have MDM system and repository on which i have been learning basic MDM designing a (test)repository of my own

What information i need:

-What all system requirements (XI system configuration and all) are needed to established. (What all should i be asking the XI and the system admin guys to be able to get the platform ready for me.*
*-The further procedure for actual integration to be done for importing/exporting data as in a real time project scenario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

SInce you want to try a test scenario including MDM and XI, I would suggest you to try

ECC -> XI->MDM scenario

Wherein you can take the data from ECC in the form of IDOCs and convert them into XML.

You can then import the XML into an MDM repository. MDM repository can be a Customer, Material, Vendor etc repository. Hence extract the similar data from ECC.

Kindly follow the steps below:

1) Firstly you will have to extrcat the look-up table data from R3 using MDMGX transaction-

Please follow this link to know about the same:

How to Configure Master Data Management Reference Data Extraction -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf

2) For loading the main Table Data into MDM, kindly follow the link below, which will guide you to the config/prcoess that will be required for the data to be uploaded from R3 into MDM.

2.1)

You will have to extract the data from R3 in the form of IDOCS and then using XI, you will have to convert them into XML format as MDM understands that.

2.2) For the process of Data from MDM back to R3, kindly refer this link below:

2.3) For general info about this scenario, kindly refer this link below:

Please follow these links for additional info-

1) SAP Network Blog: XI Configuration for MDM Integration - Sample Scenario-

2) The below given blog can be used to understand the XI config done when data is sent back from MDM via XI to R3.

MDM->XI->R3

3) MDM 5.5 data distribution using SAP XI -

Hope this information helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

For establishing an ECC-XI-MDM integration set up you will have to perform the following steps:

- Extract data from ECC:

- Both lookup data - Using MDMGX transaction in Ecc

- Main table data - Using MDM_CLNT_Extr transaction in ecc extraction.

You will have to then make settings in Xi system to allow the transafer of data:

And you will have to set up the repository in MDM based on which business object data you want to import eg Customer,Material or vendor

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80fc0a2e-6561-2910-839e-8ff3e36d...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

R3 -> XI -> MDM -> R3 scenario involves two transactions viz. MDMGX and MDM_CLNT_EXTR. Please refer the below links which consists of configuration steps for the same:

MDMGX

MDM_CLNT_EXTR

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Plz refer to the following links.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz.

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Aug 20, 2008 2:52 PM