cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know if I can create a SO, based on material description and not based on material number?

Plz give hints on how can this be acheived?

Regards,

Rags.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is quiet interesting.

You can very well achieve this by maintaining customer material info records.

Goto Tcode: VD51

enter the customer number, sales org & dist channel.

In next screen, enter the actual material code in the "Material No." column, followed by the material text with which you want the sales order to be created in the "cust material" column.

Save this.

When creating the sales order, after entering your sales area & doc type you will go to the overview screen.

In this screen after entering the same customer, select the tab "Ordering Party"

Here you can just enter the text & the quantity & your order will be created.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can very well achieve this by maintaining customer material info records.

Goto Tcode: VD51

enter the customer number, sales org & dist channel.

enter meter. no and description of mete. that discri. u can in ur sales order

i hope it will help u

regards

SREENIVAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use this method to enter material description in the field material nb :

you enter : "=M." + description (partial or integral) (or "=" + description). SAP displays the material code or a list.

Regards,

Lionel

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

This is not possible by any means in SAP. There is no way by which the material description will find the material number and do all the other functions like Availability Check, Stock etc.

If I imagine the reason for ur query, you could have seen somewhere a sales order where only material description is available without the material number.

This is possible. During VA01, the material number will be entered. Or the material number will be determined as mentioned earlier by Customer Material Inforecords. However the material number will be a hidden field in the sales order and hence the material number will not be seen. Due to this the material description along with quantity will be seen. I hope you have seen this somewhere.

This happens by creation of screen variants. If you ask tech guys they can explain you better on this. Else you yourself can see the top right corner of any screen , click the icon there and then configure how you want to see the fields/

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rags

Yes u can create sales order with material description also. Before that u have to create customer material info records and then create va01 enter sales area and it will goes to overview screen and after that enter sold to party and after that go to ordering party tab and enter material description and quantity .. then automatically u will get material..

check out this ur issue will solve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can try this.

Maintain customer-material info record in VD51.

Also maintain material determination using the condition technique. When maintaining condition records, give the material description as how tha customer calls the material.

In the material num give the actual material num.

Pls try this option as it is ideally not possible by standard SAP function.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally No.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standards it might not be possible to create sales order with description but u can create order with customer material info record data. If you enter customer material number in VA01 then u will be able to create order..

Regards

sankar