cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Client when transporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am in our DEV system in transaction STMS, trying to transport to QAS system,

a window pops up, where I have to fill in my username+password for the QAS System.

The default client in this window is 000. I would like some other client to be there per default.

How can I do this? We don´t have this problem in several other systems, so I wonder, where to manage this.

I already searched for some notes...

Thanks and best regards

Davor Serdar

Edited by: Davor Serdar on Aug 20, 2008 1:20 PM

Edited by: Davor Serdar on Aug 20, 2008 1:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

I think what Vamshi posted is just what I looked for.

But now I have the next problem: I can not edit the RFC connection although I have SAP_ALL in the DEV-system.

Our developers are just allowed to transport their requests, because its a sandbox system-landscape with no productive-importance.

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this link it may be of some help..

http://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.itb-mk.de/tms_kb/rfctms.html&sa=X&...

also Note 761637

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

The parameter login/system_client is already set, so the right client is filled in, when I want to log in to the QAS system as usual.

I know it´s unusual, to transport out of STMS in DEV system to QAS system, but some of our developers do so..me,too. So this system landscape, we are talking about is just a sandbox system near standard.

We have some other system landscapes, where we do not have this problem but nobody could tell me who set up this feature.

Maybe I can try to explain my problem a bit more:

I am in DEV system in transaction STMS. Then I open the Queue of our QAS system, trying to transport something. When I do so, a popup appears, where I have to fill in client, username and password. I would like the client 045 to be the default in this popup window.

hope, you know what I mean.

Edited by: Davor Serdar on Aug 20, 2008 2:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that thats not a probelm, Every time when you select the import in your qas system it will commute using the RFC which i have said "tmssup" this rfc does not have user id and pwd defined by default.So it has to be enterd manually.

Have you tried to enter this and check. One more thing why do you allow your developers to import the requests?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there solution of that problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also need to transport request from DEV into QAS and PRD sistems without logon prompt, but i cann`t set username and password for TMSSUP@<SID1>.DOMAIN_<SID2> rfs connection. How can i do that, or can be there are other solution this trouble???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 913232 take solution. I grand SAP_ALL profile for TMSADM all system in landscape and client 000 and transport begin without logon window. But that solution isn't secure...

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of giving SAP_ALL for TMSADM in 000, try to give profile S_CTS_ADMI with S_CTS_IMPALL and S_CTS_IMPSGL.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Davor,

First of all I am bit confused that why you are in stms in DEV system.

Normally we create transport request in DEV(if that is our domain controller).Then we release it via scode se10/se01/se09.Then we login to QUA and then via tcode stms we import it.

Sometimes we just have to forward the request and I guess you are trying to do this.At that time default client is 000 and it ask for user ID and Password.Give the user ID and Password of the Quality client.If will reflect on the other clients also.

PS: I am not clear about your question and even if you do as Vani has said while forwarding you still will get default client as 000.(correct me if I am wrong). Know me the result that Vamshi has

shared.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashutosh singh on Aug 20, 2008 1:35 PM

Edited by: ashutosh singh on Aug 20, 2008 1:39 PM

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In QAS the default client logon is not maintained.

login/system_client

Specifies the default client. This client is automatically filled in on the system logon screen. Users can type in a different client.

If it is not maintained it is filled with 000.

So try checking for this in your QAS system.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RFC TMSSUP@<SID>.<DOMAINNAME> enter the user and pwd which has auhtorizations for tms in the quality system.

Regards,

Vamshi.