SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relevance of the certification status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to put some controls on the certification status of the device in IQ01. Can any one advise me about the functional control of the certification status. If i change it how it will affect the system. I know its a very vague question but if you have any views and answers for this please sdise about the same.

Thanks in anticipation.

Anoop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean by certification status, but if you are talking about the Cert./ins.data inspections of the device - in germany required after 8 or 16 year (depends). Depending on this status the device can be assigne to a replacment lot during the (anual) peridoc replacment list. You also can perform customer check on it. i think it's also used during device installtion, but I did not recheck that.

KR

Uwe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean by certification status, but if you are talking about the Cert./ins.data inspections of the device - in germany required after 8 or 16 year (depends). Depending on this status the device can be assigne to a replacment lot during the (anual) peridoc replacment list. You also can perform customer check on it. i think it's also used during device installtion, but I did not recheck that.

KR

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radtke,

I guess i was not able to put my self properly. if you got to IQ01 in the SAP and enter a material and a serial numebr a new screen pop up in that screen you will see certification status. What i was thinking is to make that field mandatory and if you open the drop down you see three entries one as blank and 1,2, and 3 different statuses. I wanted to change the description of these statuses. If i am able to change the statuses, my question was would it have any implication some where else in the system or not? please try and if you ahve any suggestion please advise.

Regards

Anoop

0 Kudos

Anoop,

it does indeed have an impact. If your device is not certified (any status <> blank), then you can't install it. When trying to install it, you'll get the generic error "device does not correspond to the criteria".

When you create devices with a cert.status, you'll need to certify them with transaction EG97 before you can install them.

This can be a very valid business requirement depending on your case/process.

You might want to check out the customizing too: in the basic settings for devices and device installation it might (i'm not sure anymore) be possible to make the certification status less or more important.

And as Uwe said, it can also be used in inspection and such, but that's heavily dependent on the legal requirements of each country...

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin.

Regards

Anoop