cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulit-selection table with checkbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table with Multi-selection checked and it works fine with the CTRL and then selected rows. I want to achieve the same thing with help of checkbox instead of the user holding CRTL and clicking the rows. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Edited by: Dharmi Tanna on Aug 20, 2008 1:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

There is no standard approach for achieving this funtionality in VC. When I needed this kind of functionality I have made a work around for this, but I don't say that it is the best way of doing it.

I have added a new column of boolean type in that table and published it as Check box and left the table in editable mode.

In the run-time, when the table is rendered, you can see a column with check box in each row, so that required row can be choosed by selecting the checkbox.

My requirement was to pass the selected values to another RFC input, so I have passed the complete table to that RFC as is and with in the RFC, I have deleted all the records in that table where the boolean value for that newly added column is false.

Let me know if you need further explanation on this work around...

Regards.

Trikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trikant,

Thank you for the work arround method.... Does it not hamper the performance?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

It doesn't effect much on the performance, (unless if you have very large no. of entries in your table).

But in terms of the user experience, this approach of showing check boxes will be more easy for users to know that they can choose multiple entries, when compared to the traditional control + row select option.

Regards,

Trikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use a boolean type in the table column.But instead of passing the whole table to the RFC ,

we can use a filter to get the selected rows and then we can pass them to the RFC.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Priya.

Regards,

Dharmi

Answers (0)