SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data template

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

kindly guide me a step by step procedure in creating a mdt(eprodcust tcode)..where do we us a mdt and when..how does that to be done

thanks and regards

prince

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master Data Templates are used to update the data in the database tables.

Example:

You are creating data from CRM and it should be updated in ISU then we will use MDT.

GO to Eprodcust t-code and use F4 help for MDT category and give any name for the template it will create and activate it.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

hi shiva

thanks for ur reply ..so do u mean tat nits not necessary to do that if we dnt have any crm system?

which step do i need to customise to see the data environment flow in a cic screen in a application area

bp

ca

co obj

premise

installation

i know abt data environment cretaion through envd..but when i assigned custinfo in the 1st tab of application area in cic screen i dnt see this structure what step should i have to follow??

thanks and regards

prince

0 Kudos

Hi

Here you can see an example of how to create and use a master data template:

http://sapro.blogspot.com/2008/07/isu-master-data-template-how-to-create.html

Regards,

Daniel Toba

http://sapro.blogspot.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDTs are mostly used for Master Data creation which includes Business Master data (Business Partner and contract account) and Technical Master data (Conn Obj, Premise, installation , etc ). Further, typically, the master data is created during Move-in process in IS-U module.

In the latest version of IS-U i.e ECC 6.0,. the MDTs are called from Park document, whcih is used for move-in/move-out process with ISU. If you are using latest version of CRM (Web IC) then the Park document screen are ready available in CRM so you directly create park doc in ISU via CRM, which further triggers the MDTs during move-in. If you are using CRM version 5 or below then MDT is called from CRM middleware.

Eitherway you need create MDTs based on your requirement atleast one with category BPARTNER (for BP and CA) and one with category CRMNEWCONTRACT for new move-in contract.

There are few document on Step by step guide to create MDT on the internet, I am afraid I don't have that i can share..

-ASB

0 Kudos

HI GUYS

thanks a lot for ur valuable replies

points have been awarded

keep rocking

regarding

prince

0 Kudos

thanks for all ur materials its rockingq

regards

prince