cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods transfer from Depot to Manufacturing plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can some one explain me the the flow that will be involved in a scenario of goods imported and received at Depot (City 1). From depot it is transfered to a manufacturing plant (City 2). I want to be more clear about how and at what step the excise duties will be captured and when will J1ij come into picture.

Regards,

DDP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all I need to correct what I have mentioned. J1IJ is used only in Depot. While replying I mistook City 1 for plant and City2 for Depot. However, all the other steps remain same.

Whether excise transactions should be performed at Depot or not depends on whether Depot is having excise registration. If yes, it is mandatory to perform all the excise formalities as excise material is being stored. So when material comes in excise credit is taken and when material goes out excise debit has to take place. RG23D needs to be maintained at Depot.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I have dought whether it is possible to recieve imported material at godown.if it recieves, it has to recieve on behalf of factory. if i am wrong please clear my dought.

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL

Thank you for your answer. The process is now clear to me.

Regards,

DDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you move the materials at City 1 you will have to remove under excise. When you receive in City 2 you need to capture excise. When you dispatch from City 2, you need to remove under excise using J1IJ.

1) STO Created in city2

2) Delivery in City 1

3) Other Excise Invoice in City 1

4) Post Excise Invoice in City 1

5) MIGO & Excise Capture in City 2

6) Depot Excise Invoice in City 2

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL

Thanks for the reply. I understood what you said but still have one doubt.Can you just clear my doubt that why we need to create excise in City 1. It is a just depot. We are not manufacturing anyhting over there.

Regards,

DDP

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at Stock Transport Orders (STO). There is lots of documentation on this in the MM forum.

Regards