cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner - Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a requirement to send delivery output through mail to business partner VE sales employee from employee master.

But the problem is employee email address is not automatically picking up from employee master like for customer master in output type.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Praveen Lobo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As my principles the last options are "Z" and ABAP soluctions... so I've made some tests here trying to execute you scenario.

So finally I found a SAP note that I alread have for long time but not remembered.

Please check:

Note 960088 - FAQ: Sending SD messages externally;

Other one is: Note 152474 - Testing fax and e-mail;

Specificaly it tells you:

Question: I want to send an SD message externally to a 'PE' partner (personnel number), for example, to ER Employee Responsible or to PE Sales Personnel. Where must I specify the e-mail address of the recipient?

Answer: Due to the design of the output determination, the e-mail

address cannot be determined from the HR (mini-) master record when you send a message externally to a partner of the 'PE' partner type (personnel number).

For example, for output medium '7' (simple mail), you can define the e-mail address of the employee as described in the answer to Question 2. For output medium '5', for example, you could create the employees as customers (a specific account group) and then send the message to these recipients as described in the answer to question 1 above.

The references it makes to "Question 1" and "Question 2" are in the note.

I think it solve completely your problem without ABAP "Z" things...

Best regards,

demas

Edited by: demas on Aug 21, 2008 6:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Saandard SAP doesnot support mail O/p.

So this requires customizing. 2 options available:

First define E-mail as a communication strategy.

1) define a customized Z table where you maintain the mail ids of your employees.

In the O/p control prog have a code such that if it meets the required conditions (as mentioned by the business) system should trigger the E-mail picking up the values from the Z-table.

When mainatining the condition records maintain the communication strategy as E-mail.

2) Or you can define a new job for O/p processing. Create new prog variants where you can maintain the E-mail ids. IOn one of the progs check for the condition creteria. Schedule the job to run periodically. Pls make sure you mainatin the condition records sothat O/p will triggered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never used the employee BP like VE.

To send those email I've mantained by PA30. And there you can set the emplyee email.

Regards,

Demètrius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry the external BP is PE (Sales Employee). The email address should be picked from employee master PA30, like it picks name address and all, but not email.

What are the settings kindly suggest.

Regards,

Praveen Lobo