cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

producing item in delivery for packing materials...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i defined packing proposal. in delivery, i ran automatic packing. four handling units have been formed. in delivery i want to produce an item for packaging materials automatically. which configurations do i have to?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Go to *SPRO-

2.Logistics Execution-

3.Packing-Define packaging material types-

4.Select ur packaging material type-

5.In Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material*.

Revert if not resolved

Regards

Amit Gupta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type +

*item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +

*the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. 0vlk if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for generating delivery items for the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to make the neccesary settings in:

• In the Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Delivery section, use the Define Item Category Determination in Deliveries activity to set up an item category assignment for the delivery type, an item category group for the packaging material, and make usage-indicator settings for PACK .

• In the Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Packing section, use the Define Packaging Material Types activity to set the plant determination rule for packaging material types.

Make sure you use HUPM.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i use standart order (item category tan), it is ok (new item for packaging material is being created automatically in delivery ). but i am using scheduling agreement( item category lzn) and i could not get the new item for packaging material. i think something must be done for item category. can you help about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check the item category determination for TAN and for LZN, are there any differences? Please check whether LZN has operation PACK as well.

Regards,

MdZ