cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDOC Communication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to establish communication with SAP 4.6c and get the following error:

XCEPTION - com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: Server repository could not create function template 'å??ä??å??å??ä??å½?ä¹?' caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: Open file 'C:WINDOWSsapmsg.ini' failed.

Questions:

1. Do I need to have an SAP client installed on the MII server?

2. Do I need to configure the Client Properties for the iDoc Listener in MII (I know that it is required to obtain the related meta data)

Server Versions:

Product Version: 11.5.4 b73

Plugin Version: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.4.2_18

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Maistry,

1. No

2. Yes

There is a message already posted which may be of some help: [IDOC|]

There are two documents to help you set up the IDoc Listener correctly. [IDocListener|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Connectivity]

The documents are written for 11.5, but the basic concepts still work in 12.0.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 20, 2008 12:55 PM

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 20, 2008 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

Could this be a permissions problem?

0 Kudos

Could be, but without more information, I can't say for sure. Check through documents for the setup instructions. You should be able to do a trace from the ERP side to see if you get round trip connectivity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. I have figured out the error.

The first error that I got was:

ERROR SERVER-EXCEPTION - com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: Server repository could not create function template 'å??ä??å??ä¹?'

caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx

Hence I had put in the R3NAME and the ASHOST name. This had caused the subsequent error:

XCEPTION - com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: Server repository could not create function template 'å??ä??å??å??ä??å½?ä¹?' caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: Open file 'C:WINDOWSsapmsg.ini' failed

By removing the R3NAME from the Client configuration, all is now well.

Thanks again