cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc adapter???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of giving both the RFC destination and Port in Communication channel(Idoc adapter) while the RFC destination is already mapped in the Port?

Thanks,

RPN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm. The port name would suffice as it points to the RFC destination name.

The port name is the name of the port which refers to the RFC destination with name SAP<SID> for importing the metadata at XI. I haven't tried it but it seems possible that the RFC destination name to be mentioned in the CC could be different from the name referred bu port, i.e., destination name other than SAP<SID>. This may be useful for some restrcited user access.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek

If the port is used to load the metadata then is it the RFC destination which we mentioned in the Idoc adapter carries the IDOC ?

Thanks,

RPN

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, Yes. RFC destination mentioned in CC carries the idoc.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RPN,

In the RCV IDOC channel, both RFC Destination and port are mandatory to specify, you cannot skip any one of them.

The port uses the RFC destination to import the metadata of the IDOC from the SAP system for which the RFC destination is. This IDoc metadata is used from the port for converting IDoc XML into IDoc and vice versa.

In the CC you can use one port and a completely different RFC destination, In that case the IDoc will be delivered to the RFC Destination specific SAP system, but the IDoc metadata to be used for XML to IDoc conversion will be used from a different port.

For all your related queries, refer to the link I have given above.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry, i dont find any related queries in the provided link...

thanks,

RPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RPN,

Sorry by mistake I gave you the link to some other page. The correct link should be the one given below:

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Suddha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RPN,

Usually RFC destination will be used to send IDOC to SAP system and Port is for accessing the metadata.

Some times IDOC receiving SAP system might be different from the Metadata maintainance system.In this case,XI will use RFC destination to send IDOC to SAP system1 and Port for accessing the metadata from System2.

Thanks,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jag

so is that means to send an idoc from xi, we dont need to define port in xi, just a RFC destination will do?

thanks

RPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to this thread.............this exactly discuss this in detail.................

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/profile?editmode=true&userid=3670343

Regards,

Suddha