cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache Homogeneous Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are doing an homogeneous copy of our productive SCM 5.0 system onto the QA system. I'm kind of stuck with the LiveCache part.

Our LiveCache Version is 7.6.03.12 on both systems. Our Productive LiveCache is bigger than the QA one. So we have:

PRD : CACHE_SIZE = 3750000 and 6 volumes of 10Gb each

QUA : CACHE_SIZE= 750000 and 6 volumes one 1Gb each

The actual complete dump of our productive LC system is only 600MB. I tried to load it onto the QUA LC system but it won't let me.

I have checked sap note 457425 but if i try the part 1 of the note that says to recreate the LC instance, when i enter the name of the instance, it tells me that it already exist and doesn't go further.

If i skip the first part and go directly to the restore part, it does the restore, but i can't restart the instance (the last step of the recovery wizards says : "the database instance is not yet restartable. Choose back to perform another recovery action or choose close to end the recovery wizard".

If i try to restore a backup of the QA LC system, it works well ...

What is it i'm doing wrong ? Do both instances have to be configured equally for it to work ?

Thanks for your help.

Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Youssef,

Please use the "recovery with initialization" in DBMGUI for the target database instance.

Please post the knldiag & the dbm.prt, if you have further problems.

Please review the documentation/notes:

869267 FAQ: MaxDB LOG area

767598 Available documentation

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Natalia !!!! that did the trick

i had to run the command :

dbmcli -d LC1 -u control,password load_systab -u superdba,password

and then i was able to start it from LC10.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

Y.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Youssef, you are welcome:)

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (0)