cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management problem in FD 32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP friends,

I face a problem in credit management. I have configured all settings for automatic dynamic credit check and in credit control area given value max.credit limit as 100000 and saved. when I try to give total value and indivi.credit limit as 100000 in T code FD32, the system not allowing me to save and gives message " a total limit of 100000.01 usd already been determined.". And also when I try to save the sales order with a value more than 100000, it is allowing to do, not giving any warning message. means credit management not works.

can anyone give suitable suggestion at the earliest.

Points will be awarded for useful answer.

SUNANDA.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunanda,

Automatic credit control settings are maintained in "OVA8".

Areas to be checked:

1. For the sales document type in VOV8, the "check credit limit" must be "D"& "credit group" is "01".

2. In the pricing procedure for the final credit price line, maintain "A" in the sub total column. This is carried over as the "credit price".

3. In VOV7, for the item category, the "credit active" field must have a tick. If there is no tick on this, then credit check will never happen.

4. While maintaining the credit limit for the customer in "FD32", in the "status" section maintain the "risk category".

5. Now in OVA8, maintain the settings for the combination of "credit control area + risk category + credit group". The credit group should be the same as maintained in VOV8 for the sales doucment type. Inside this you have ticked against "static check" & "open orders" as well as "open deliveries" have also been ticked.

Now in the same line if you see, you have a column for reaction:

" " No message

A Warning

B Error message

C Like A + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded

D Like B + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded

Select a message according to your requirement - how do you want the SAP system to behave in case of a credit failure.

There is a column for "status/block". This is basically blocking the delivery from getting created in case of a credit check failure. But this setting makes sense only if you have selected either "A" or "C" in the "reaction" column. For "B" & "D", the sales order won't be created at all.

6. Check for the assignment of the credit control area in the customer master - sales area data - billing screen. But this is not so important, without this also the system checks for the credit check.

7. I would suggest you that you first check in FD33 whether the previously anybody else had speified the limit. Becasue now when you enter, you are changing the total credit limit.

Thanks & regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Allab,

U have solved my problem.

points awarded.

Sunanda.P

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to check in

1.VOV8 in sales doc functionality,there u have to check the"Check credit limit and Credit group.

2.VOV7 in Item category activate the Credit check.

3.Finally u have to check the Pricing procedureV/08 in Totalvalue, there in Sub total field u have to maintain A(Carry over price to KOMP-CMPRE (credit price).

I think this is helpful for u

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The total limit in FD32 is nothing but the amount in this field specifies the overall credit limit the customer may receive in all credit control areas. Individual limit is The amount in this field specifies the maximum credit limit is the customer may receive within a credit control area.

. Also check the settings in Tcode OVA8 of different fields, including open items and all and specify how system should react. And whether the sales and delivery documents are assiged you just check.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The credit limit specified in the Credit Control Area is the defualt credit limit that applies to all new customers. You are again trying to define credit limit in FD32 and hence you are getting the error (defining credit limit for a customer where it is already defined by default). Instead you have to change the credit limit and the system will allow to change the limit without throwing any error.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

ALSO CHECK THE REACTION & STATUS FIELDS IN OVA8

ALSO CHECK IN OVAK WHETHER U HAVE ASSIGNED THE CREDIT CHECK AND CREDIT GROUPS FOR U R ORDER TYPE

REGARDS

Edited by: Prashanth on Aug 20, 2008 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the information already provided, check your item category configuration as this has to be marked for credit active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

TOTAL AMOUNT

The amount in this field specifies the overall credit limit the customer may receive in all credit control areas.

INDIVIDUAL LIMIT

The amount in this field specifies the maximum credit limit the customer

may receive within a credit control area.

CHECK U R SETTINGS IN OVA8

CHECK THE BOX BESIDE THE DYNAMIC

REGARDS

PRASHANTH