cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Creating Support Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to SAP Solution manager and need some help on Service Desk.

When I login to my ECC 6.0 system, navigate to Function Module and tried to create Support Message (Help--> Create Support Message), it will show me 'Create Message' Dialog Box.

When I enter necessary fields, message body and click on 'Save/Send' button, it is showing me following Information message.

"Error in Local Message System: RFC destination

SM_DM1CLNT800_BACK does not exist. Message was Not Created"

A push in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prashanth,

This happens because in the satellite system, you had maintained entries in table BCOS_CUST...

In this table , you had mentioned tthe RFC destinations "SM_DM1CLNT800_BACK".....

Howver this RFC destination should also exist in tcode sm59 of the satellite system......

This RFC destination should actually point to the Solution Manager system....

So solution is to create the RFC destnation in the satellite system...This RFC destination should point to Solution Manager system....

Regards,

Anand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Can you please explain "How to create RFC destination in satellite system and how to point it to the solution manager??"

If you have related document or help links about the same please share it with me.

I have checked the contents of the table "BCOS_CUST" and it contains only one row containing Destination "SM_DM1CLNT800_BACK". and and i have also checked this entry in tcode sm59, there is no enter for the same. Can you also tell me steps for checking whether "SM_DM1CLNT800_BACK" is present in tcode sm59 or not??

Thanks in advance,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The RFC Destination which is used to send Support Messages from a satellite system to your Solution Manager is being maintained in table BCOS_CUST.

Make sure it exists in tx: SM59 in your satellite system.

This RFC Destination is usually generated (using transaction SMSY in Solution Manager).

Naming convention (if generated) is SM_<SID>CLNT<clnt>_BACK where <SID> is the SID of your Solution Manager and <clnt> the client where Service Desk is active.

You may also create this RFC manually in SM59 of your satellite system but make sure the user assigned to that connection got appropriate authorizations in Solution Manager.

Hope this helps.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please tell me the procedure of checking the RFC desti in sm59. Also please elaborate your answer about "connection authorizations in Solution Manager".

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In your satellite system goto tx: SM59 and see if the RFC Destination mentioned in your error message/initial post does exist. If not please create it either manually or using tx: SMSY in Solution Manager.

Taken from the Reference IMG

Section: Define Service Desk Destination in the Satellite Systems Use

In this IMG activity, you make the necessary settings in the satellite systems to enable users working in those systems to send problem messages to the central SAP Solution Manager system.

Requirements

Basis/ABA Support Packages have to be installed on the satellite systems. For further information, see the SAP Solution Manager Configuration Guide.

Activities

In the satellite systems :

In view 'Create Messages: Customizing' (Transaction SM30, view BCOS_CUST), make the following settings for the application OSS_MSG:

Column 1: Application: OSS_MSG

Column 2: + : W

Column 3: RFC Destination: <RFC destination to the SAP Solution Manager system>

Column 4: + : CUST620

Column 5: + : 1.0

Note:

We recommend to use the back destination you have already created.

If you want to use a back destination you have created before SAP Solution Manager Release 3.20 SP05, proceed as follows in the SAP Solution Manager System:

Generate the following roles in transaction PFCG.

Assign the following roles additionally to the user for the back destination:

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

First of all, thanks for your valuable help!!!!

I have done all the settings and changes as per you suggestion in satellite systems. Also i have assigned the specified roles to SAP Solution manager Users in solution manager system.

After these settings , again i tried to create support message, the error which were experienced is gone but faced new informative error as follows:

"Because of error 513, no message was created in Support Desk System"

Any help???

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Two things you may try:

1.) double check rfc user authorization (if it is a test system, assign sap_all or a user with sap_all authorizations temporarily or use authorization trace)

2.) in Solution Manager in tx: DNO_CUST04 check value of parameter NO_USER_CHECK (should be set to X )

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the thing stated in second point. The value of the NO_USER_CHECK. the value of Seq No Column is set to '1' and value of Field Val column is blank.So i set it to the 'X' but still getting same error.

I have also assigned SAP_ALL to the support message creator,

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Jagdale (Genius) on Aug 21, 2008 11:22 AM

vsat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prashant,

I think there is a note for the error 513. search for that note and sure you will get a clue for that.

This is the note will help you i am sure: Note 864195 "Error 513 when you enter Support Desk Message"

Give points if it is solved your issue

Ramana rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rao for SAP Note Reference,

I went thorough the same and assigned one of the specified role ('SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_CREATE') to the creator.

But when I tried to assigned other two roles ('SAP_SOL_SERVTRANS_CREATE' and 'SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE'), it gives me error that "Role does not exist".

Any pointers???

Thanks,

Prashant