cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error popup saying, "Could not start Layout Designer"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to navigate to the layout tab of the form that I had created. When I click on the tab I get an error popup saying, u201CCould not start Layout Designeru201D & it then takes me back to the SAP Easy Access Screen. Below is the info from the long text.

u201CCould not start Layout Designer (see long text)

Message no. FPUIFB086

Diagnosis

The forms design tool for developing the form layout could not be started; either it is not installed or there are errors in the installation.

Procedure

Make sure that you have the forms design tool installed on your desktop (the tool is part of the SAPGUI installation).

Also read SAP Note 801524.u201D

Am currently making use of SAP_BASIS release 700 with a level of 13 & my GUI is 710 Final Release. My Adobe Reader version is 8.1.0 .Could anyone suggest me as to what I need to get installed to help resolve my problem? I went through the SAP Front End Installation guide for 6.40 and it says, u201CThe Forms Design Tool is no longer available with the current version of the SAP GUI CD. For more information, see SAP Note 801524u201D.

Regards,

Uday

Edited by: Uday Mr on Aug 20, 2008 8:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thoshin/Chintan can anyone of you please tell me if the Adobe LifeCycle Designer software is a part of the SAP GUI setup 710 Final Release? I had spoke with the IT people here and they said like they had done a complete install of the GUI with all its components & that it can't miss out if it were a part of the GUI setup. I found the SAP NetWeaver 2004s Installation Guide for SAP Front End 6.40 on SDN and it says (on page 45) that, "The Forms Design Tool is no longer available with the current version of the SAP GUI CD. For more information, see SAP Note 801524."

[Link On SDN|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f01983f1-624e-2a10-dea7-a256b711469e]

So is it also the same with the 710 release? If yes then can anyone help me as to how I can obtain just the Adobe LifeCycle Designer software. I dont have access to the market place.

Regards,

Uday

Edited by: Uday on Aug 21, 2008 7:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

The forms designer tool is available on the SAPGUI 710 final release CD. I know know because i recently installed it from that CD. Maybe go to your IT guys and tell them to do a reinstall of the components or alternatively goto your c:/program files/adobe/ and see if there is a folder called Designer 7.1 and if there is stuff in there. If there isnt then i sugest you ask for a reinstallation.

Regards

Thashin

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thoshin,

Finally managed to resolve the issue. Had went through the SAP Installation Guide at [url|http://www.id.uzh.ch/dl/sw/sap/SAPGUI/SAP_FE_Instguide_710.pdf] and then did find the ADOBE_LC_D71 folder that you were talking about. Thanks the issue is resolved now.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uday,

You can download the Adobe LiveCycle Designer installer from SAP Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/installations

Entry by Application Group

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NETWEAVER

-> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S)

-> installation and Upgrade

-> <Choose any OS and DB combination.>

Additonally please refer notes 962673 and 965548 for information regarding installation.

Chintan

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for sharing the link. I dont have the credentials for the market place. Will get back to my IT department and see if they have the Adobe LifeCycle Designer setup with them.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

The lifecycle designer setup is on the SAP CD which is used to install the SAPGUI 710. If i remember correctly its the first folder on the root of the cd

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please install the Adobe LifeCycle Designer from the CD from which you installed the SAP GUI 710.

Regards

Thashin

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thoshin,

I guess you were right. I dont have that installed. I will contact my IT department.

Thanks

Uday