Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM- Sampling procedure

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

how to create sampling procedure ABC for 100% inpection.

i created one and assigned with sampling type 100% inspection.

which valuation mode has to be selected for 100% inpection????

i have assigned 500-manual valuation.

when i assign this in material master, system is giving error message saying The valuation mode 500 for the sampling procedure is invalid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

not answered

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Grish,

What wasn't answered? It was explained how to do a 100% sampling procedure which is what you asked first. The second part of your posting you ask a different question. What you ask isn't possible and I doubt you'll find a system that can. I'm not even sure it was a realistic question. So I'm not sure how you can say your question wasn't answered.

Craig

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Girish,

Shyamal has said very right and in addition to that you also take care to

1. You must create seperate sampling procedures for Qualitative & Quantitative MIC's.

2. Take care in attaching the sampling procedures at the time of making Quality Plans etc that right Sampling procedure attahed to MIC.

I hope it will resolve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Either you assign the Valuation mode as "Without Valuation Parameters', that will only allow you to attache the sampling procedure at material level. But that will make it valuation free inspections.

OR

To keep the control over RR through valuation mode "Manual Valuation" you must assign the sampling procedure to the Task list (Inspection plan QP01/ Material specification QS61) for the material.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

THANK U for ur kind reply.

my requirement is not resolved. once i enter the result recording, system is showing inspected qty as 1* 1.0 kg

but my GR qty or inspection qty is 100kg.

let me give a clear scenario:

PO : 100kg

GR: 100kg

Inspection lot 100kg

I have two MIC's 1. MIC-A - (% based) Quantitative

2. MIC-B - Qualitative

For MIC-A , i need to check for % of defect, if it exceeds the limit say by 2 %, the same value should be deducted from total qty. so my actual qty will be - 100 - 2 kg (2%) = 98

For second one, i need to check for codes(defects), if defects are found in some qty say 20 kg, then the total qty come down to 98-20 = 78.

so the 78 kgs of material is posted to my stock.

at the end of the month i want to know what is rejected (for MIC A and B seperately each po wise.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can record the number of defects for each characteristic if you want, but the system does not subtract the amounts for you. How can it?

If 10 failed on characteristic A and 30 failed on Character B, how do I know that the 30 that failed on B weren't part of the ones that failed characteristic A. Maybe 4 failed on both tests?

Maybe I should only reject 30 if all the ones rejected for charac A were also rejected for B.

I.e. I might have some items that failed for both A and B. I don't want to subtract them twice. But I do want to know the full quantity that failed each. Other wise my stats would be meaningless.

If you have multiple characteristics you are testing for, it would be very difficult to collect both accurate numbers for each failures of each test and have the system figure out the stock posting.

Using the QMIS functionality you can see the number of defects for each characteristic (defect code) for a given time period.

Craig