cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Identifier Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is SOAP to RFC.

In my scenario, I need to have the external party use a arbitrary name which needs to be converted to an internal name. I dont want the external party to know the internal number for security reasons.

I had setup alternate identifier for the Party using a specific scheme and agency.

When I have the external party use that agency and scheme and the external party ID in the end point to send me the message they receive Ok acknowledgement but we dont see any message in XI and we see an error message in the default trace as follows

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://devsapxi:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Received HTTP response code 500 : Error during sender-party normalization.

My Setup is as follows

Party - XYZ

Identifiers

Agency - External

Scheme - ID

Name - 123

End Point sent by the customer is

http://<host>:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=XYZ:Service1:Channel1&version=3.0&Sender.Pa...;

I also played around with setting the identifier on the channel but no luck in getting the message in.

If I test using the default Agency and Party in my end point, XI receives the message but obviously there is no party conversion.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else got this working?

Regards

Haseeb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Party - XYZ
Identifiers
Agency - External
Scheme - ID
Name - 123

Can you please use the following

Party - XYZ

Identifiers

Agency - Business system/service of SOAP channel

Scheme - ALE#KU

Name - 123(I m assuming this is the partner number configured in R/3,if not,then please give the partner number configured in R/3 in WE20).

You might need to check the "Sender uses virtual receiver" option in receiver determination as well.

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Aug 19, 2008 5:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think rather than saying what I am doing, let me explain what I really need. I might not be using alternate identifiers correctly.

My end goal is to map an internal number for an external party to a input parameter of the RFC. Each external party has a different internal number that they need to be identified with. The best solution I could think of for this was alternate identifier. Now what I need is to be able to read the alternate identifier value of the sender party in the map. How can I do that?

Regards

Haseeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>My end goal is to map an internal number for an external party to a input parameter of the RFC

Well in that case you can use FixValue or Value mapping.

Lets say an external customer is identified as XYZ but the same customer is identified as 123 in your landscape,then have a FixValue or Value Mapping and use this in message mapping and pass on to RFC.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)