cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal archive file ( .ear ) to NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can one push an archive file ( .ear file ) being generated for deployment of Web Dynpro Java changes to NWDI.

Can NWDI Import it.

I had deployed my archive files ( .ear file ) directly through SDM in DEV environment. For import to Q Portal, The web Dynpro activities are some what jumbled up , and our Basis team wants to envolve NWDI.

so i want to push the same archive file ( .ear ) file which was generated earlier when i deployed via SDM to DEV.

Thanks,

Ankit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

To Deploy the same .ear file to different systems, all you need to do is change your server configs and deploy it. If you want to do it via DI, check-in the code to DI, Activate, Transport and Import into QA and Prod. It will be automatically deployed to QA and Prod.

I hope I understood you correctly. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using NWDI make sure that you check in all your changes and the CBS will create the archive for you. Then this can be deployed to the engine.

If you need your ear to be deployed just do the same way you have done in the prod server.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thx for reply -

I have 9 activities attached to a development piece, while activation them ( to transport to NWDI ) , one of the activity gave me build error ( Model Node wasn't mapped at tht time) .

Tht error was fixed in subsequent activities.

But while transporting all of them in sequence the activity with the error is jeoparding the whole development transports.

How can i fix this activity ?

As a work around we decided to create an archive ( .ear ) of all the development and push it via NWDI.

How can we push this .ear file to NWDI, i know we can do it for .epa files via NWDS. Is there any way to push .ear file via NWDI itself ?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

If you have NWDI, then you better try to transport it using NWDI only. It has so many better featues for build and transport and version maintenance.

Coming to your problem, you had some error in old activity and later you fixed in subsequent activities. So if you build your new activities they should built successfully. If they are not building successfully, still some thing is missing out. Check all your model nodes and attributes any of them is missing any reference. If you are sure then try this:

Create a new activity.

Open your project-> switch to Navigator view

Delete gen, gen_ddic, gen_wdp folders.

Build (Development Component -> Build) and deploy ( you will get clear build problems for DC build)

Then check-in this activity.

You just need to activate and transport this activity with all predecessors.

Regards,

Siva

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

so i want to push the same archive file ( .ear ) file which was generated earlier when i deployed via SDM to DEV.?

it is not possible. NWDI works on a diff. mechanism. It always builds the project in its own compartment and generate an ear to deploy on server.

you can push all your source changes in NWDI, but a .ear file you cannot.

so either go by proper NWDI way. or dont use it.