cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical issue/behaviour of CIF Delta report for CTM Plan orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO Experts,

We are facing a typical issue in our SCM 5.0 installation. We use CTM for Planning.

After every CTM runs lets say 500 Preq gets generated. When we run the Cif delta report we see ALMOST all these 500 Preq as delta entries . Some of Purchase Order missing in APO and few some missing in R/3 . The same is the case of PReq missing in R/3 and and some in APO with usal error code 181 and 183. This is fine . But the issue is by just pressing the manual reconciliations buttons "To APO" & "To R3" most of this thing gets corrected and for those who dont get passed through, we are capable of finding the reason of the master/Trx data issue. This means thr is no queue block .NOW THE PROBLEM IS...why at all almost all the PO/Preq are getting stuck in queue when its crossing over well with Manual reconciliation button without any other effort/setting change.

Is there any way we can prevent it as it leads lot of delay in publishing the result to the planners .Its desired that PO/Preq gets transferred at one go without any manual intervention unless thr is some data issue.

Hoping for a swift response

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Also check your setting in Spro :Supply Network Planning -> Global Settings -> Transfer to OLTP System.

Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling -> Global Settings -> Maintain Global Parameters and Default

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks to everybody for helping me on this issue. The issue is not resolved yet.

I have checked the settings suggested by Manish ,Visha and Mark.

Manish,

The setting in /SAPAPO/C4 is "Do not collect changes " This is as expected but still the PO/PR are not flowing between APO and R/3 automatically . As already mentioned they are getting stuck thus coming up in CIF delta reporting but going to the desired system immediately on manaul reconcillation "To APO" and "To R/3" button without any effort.

The setting in Spro :Supply Network Planning -> Global Settings -> Transfer to OLTP System AND

Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling -> Global Settings -> Maintain Global Parameters and Default

in all the places its mainiated as "Immediate transfer"

Vishu,

I agree tp your statement "APO generates orders wit a internal number and these orders get transmitted to R/3 and get a R/3 order number assigned. These orders are in CCR report until pushed to R/3"

But i wonder if CCR report is required for updation of APO Order number numbers with the number assigned from APO. As per my understanding this should happen automatically everytime an Plan order is generated on APO side. Is manual pushing always required for flow of these numbers?? I thought CCR is only for reporting purpose

Mark,

The CTM setting is done as 'Transfer new and deleted orders' but still these are getting diaplyed in CIF delta report.

I am more concerned about the fact that all orders/requesition gets stuck but crosses over just my manual reconcillation "To APO" , "To R/3" buttons . As far as I understand this should have happend as all the transaction data is suppose to flow in real time between the APO and R/3 system.

Please help me in improving or correcting my understanding of the system.

Thanks in advance

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.

We seem to be running through a list of settings that are commonly checked when encountering issues with CIF transfer.

To continue:

Is the Distribution Definition maintained? I am guessing yes as you say you can transfer from CCR which I don't think would be possible (never tried it though, so worth a check).

Are change pointers being generated? All your answers seem to point to no but lets cross it off the list. Do they appear on /SAPAPO/C5 or indicated in the CCR report?

Are queue entries being generated? check in SMQ1 if so are there any messages in the LUW's?

If no change pointers and no queue entries is the queue registered. (I think someone has already suggested this).

Going beyond these, we are starting to get into OSS territory. Unless others have better suggestions.

Regards, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Are you using many parallel processing profiles during the CTM run? We faced a similar issue, and found that one of the reasons was that the reconcilliation was not happening between APO and R/3 was that we did not many dialogue processes available during our heuristic run which was affecting the peroformance and also the reconciliation of orders?

Can you check with your BASIS team on this?

Rgds

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand.

In you CTM profile, on the Settings->Basic Settings tab, what transfer mode have you set for the R/3 Integration?

If you want orders to go immediately from the CTM run you should set this to one of the transfer options ('Transfer new and deleted orders' or 'Only transfer new orders')

Hope this helps.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please check your setting in /SAPAPO/c4 transaction(orders are transferred from APO to R/3, a setting can be made for the relevant user in APO in Transaction /SAPAPO/C4 under 'Default', 'Collect changes' or 'Do not collect changes'.

Default means that the settings from the SNP or PP/DS Customizing are used.

Collect changes means that change pointers are created, which are processed in Transaction /SAPAPO/C5.

Do not collect changes means that the orders are transferred to R/3 immediately) and oss note 334692 will help you further.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Aug 20, 2008 10:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

APO generates orders wit a internal number and these orders get transmitted to R/3 and get a R/3 order number assigned. These orders are in CCR report until pushed to R/3.

The report /SAPAPO/RDMCPPROCESS can be scheduled periodically to push the orders to R/3.

I am not sure of the setting to make this automatic transfer when ever the order is generated.