cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to know the SDM's password for deploying WDJ application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I need your help: I just developed my first WDJ application. When deploying it I was asked for the SDM's password, which our Basis is not willing to give. My question is that this is only one time deal (so I can ask our Basis to enter for me) or I need to enter the SDM's password often (so I need to know the SDM's password)?

Thank you very much in advance for you help,

Jin Freda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask Basis if they are using NWDI.

( if yes u can check in activities just like transports in ABAP ).

Generally , if we enter the SDM Password once it doesn't asks for it no matter how many times you are deploying UNTILL you close your dev studio or u reboot your system for e.g.

What you can do is that -

Create an archive file ( rt click on your project name ).

The file will appear in an .ear format give it to Basis for deployment eveytime you need to deploy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, U need.

thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be better if you explain your requirement and how often you deploy, to Admin or to Manager and get the password for SDM.

I believe you are not using NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit and all,

This is my 3rd time (somehow my replys not showing) to reply for thanking all very much for all your quick reply and great info/help.

Actually we are planning to install NWDI. At the meantime, I can follow your advise to get the password or have Basis deploy it or never restart NWDS.

Thanks again very much, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Could you please reply it back, so I can give you more points.

Thanks again, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u will need the sdm password every time u restart ur nwds application.so its better that u ask for the sdm password or use the above suggested method.

regards

Nikhil Tapkir.