cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2SE adapter engine and SSL testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are currently doing a B2B scenario whereby SAP XI sends a message to the J2SE adapter engine in the DMZ and then that sends the message via HTTPS / SSL to the receiving service....

In order to test that the HTTPS / certificate etc worked I wrote a small Java application and dialled out of the network. I inserted the DER file into my CACERTS file on my local machine using the keytool as a "trusted certificate". The Java application worked 100% and did the SSL handshake fine and POSTED the data fine as well......

Now I am no expert in the J2SE adapter engine but decided to try testing the same SSL connection using the J2SE adapter engine from my LOCAL machine with me dialled out onto the Internet.

I logged into the J2SE adapter engine and imported the same DER file into the engine (actually inserted into the "truststore.jks" file). I them went into the "Test Environment" of the J2SE adapter and have been trying to test.....

I have a few questions:

1. Do I have to use a P12 or PFX file for this sort of communication? Reason I ask is that with the Java application all I needed was the DER file?

2. In the full blown scenario do I have to have SSL configured between XI and the J2SE adapter engine as well? Or can that stay as HTTP?

My basic config for the test is roughly:

WS.targetURL=https://someserver:4433/soap/someInbox

WS.SOAPAction=CustomSoapAction

SSLauthentication=true

Do I really need the following two?

SSLcertificate=somecert.p12

SSLcertificatePassword=somepassword

From my logic all I should need if the DER file loaded into the J2SE adapter which I have done......

Has anyone done successfull SSL / HTTPS testing from the J2SE adapter engine using the "Test Environment"?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not a answer to your question but why use the J2SE adapter engine in the DMZ and why not the J2EE Decentral Adapter Engine?

Regards

Bhavesh