cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user lock during snp heuristic run in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are scheduling daily background job for SNP heuristc run.

Here i need some information regarding accessing the SNP planning books by users during heuristic run.

During SNP heuristic run in background what is the recommendation on users accessing the SNP planning book.

Whether users can access the planning book and do some changes or all users should be locked for access during planning run.

Please give some info on SAP standard recommendation on this or any helpful documentaion on this process.

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default, SNP does not do exclusive locking. In such a case technically it is possible for users to navigate while Heuristics is running. But if you ask me it creates more confusion when data changes on the users. It might be a better idea to issue system messages at start of Heuristics warning the users and issuing stop messages at end of Heuristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you very much for the reply.

This info is helpful for me to understand the process

in this regard.

Regards,

Krish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manjit,

What did you mean by: You can lock/unlock any transaction by updating TSTC-CINFO, if u set/reset this field u can lock or unlock the transaction(s). This is a dirty method but i was not able to find anything else.

What is TSTC-CINFO? I can't find a tcode or Table of this name?

Ken snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

TSTC is table name and CINFO is field in TSTC table?

You can use SM01 transaction .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use this BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT and use DVIEW_DISPLAY_MODE_SET method to write the code ,to lock the planning area before running heuristics and unlock the planning area after executing planning run.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu/All,

Thanks for very valuable inoframtion in this regard.

We have used the BADI and rsolved the issue.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

We have a similar requirement and I am currently working on it. Its better to lock the transactions inpite of locking the users. You have to write a program for it, which can be trigerred before and after any background job for which you want the transactions to be locked.

You can lock/unlock any transaction by updating TSTC-CINFO, if u set/reset this field u can lock or unlock the transaction(s). This is a dirty method but i was not able to find anything else.

But it works very well...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create some program to achive this functionality .

This program can used to lock/Unlock the Planning *

• areas for background jobs. *

• 2. For Lock Option: Send a system message to all users to *

• notify that planning areas will be locked for Background

• job run. Wait for the specified time and terminate the *

• users logged in Plannings books and update the custom table *

• custom table which can be used in BADI *

• to prevent users log in Planning books in change mode. *

• 3. For Unlock option: Flag in custom table will be deleted *

• to allow the users in Planning books in change mode. *

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks a lot for reaply and valuable information.

Could you please give the specific BADI name used in this regard to update the custom tables.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also identify the users from RS12 transaction code for your planning area by Table Lock Argument and send them notification.

And can lock transaction through SM01.

Manish

harish_narayanan
Explorer
0 Kudos

check if your SNP book has time series. They might tend to lock if you are on the same masterdata

Just make sure they are are on display mode by default and also the SNP planning areas dont have a "KF specific locking" and "do not lock read only KF" setup

when SNP planning is loaded it loads masterdata and transaction data into a temp(simulation) version which is written back after saving. Any changes made in the meantime in masterdata or transaction data will not affect that version. so its better to put a process in place to avoid overwriting plans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply.

The info is enlightened me to understand the process better.

Regards,

Krish