cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD in HA mode and DR not in HA mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have some questions/doubts for building XI/PI 7.0 Disaster Recovery(DR) server.

Our XI Production system(XPR) is in HA mode(MSCS) and the XI DR system will be in a non-cluster mode.

So, I want to do an initial SAP system copy on DR Hardware based on the XPR virtual names and XPR export dump..... so that when a disaster occurs, I just have to detach & attach the XPR database (MSSQL 2005) from latest Clone/Snap/Backup of clustered XPR and then the DR system will up and running as the new XI production systems.

But I thnk, i will face problem when doing SAP system copy and MSSQL installation on the DR Hardware... since the DR box is not in cluster mode and virtual names are not there.

Let me know ur thoughts on it.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get a solution. We are facing exactly similar problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the database specific sys copy method and Java export through SAPinst

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can "simply" install it using a virtual hostname (the same as the production system).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

How can I install with virtual names when the DR system is a standalone system and no MSCS is installed on it.

For example.... when i start installing MSSQL 2005 it never asks for the virtual names becose MSCS is not installed on the DR systems and so the MSSQL installs with the name of computername/hostname which I dont want.

Hope u got my point.

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to start sapinst from the command line (cmd.exe) using

cd <directory-with-sapinst>
sapinst.exe SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual hostname>

Make sure the virtual hostname is correctly entered/added in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

But thats for starting installtion of SAP......

What should i do when starting installtion of MSSQL 2005 .....

I tried

cd <directory-with-MSSQL-2005-Software>

setup.exe USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual hostname>

but it didnt work......