Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patner determination for sales support activities

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Gudmorning

i have a requirement in my construction project ( real estate company , they will construct Apts , Row houses , Commercial building ete.........) in this project i need to configure the sales support activities in my partner determination procedure how should i do that ? plz help me out and give the steps in by taking some example so that it can be easy for me to understand it

1. my doubts basically about whole process of it like how i should take the partner functions , procedure etc so plz help me out and i want to tell you all onething i.e one of your gud friend from this forum ( namely ajit has sent me a link it very helpful butstill i'm not getting very clear picture from that but i would like to thanks him for his promt response

thank you very much imn advance

regards

venkat

Edited by:Venkata Aug 19, 2008 9:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IMG under

Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination Procedure -> Set Up Partner Determination and choose "Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Activities (CAS)"

Sales and Distribution -> Sales Support (CAS) -> Define Sales Activity Types

Choose your Sales Activity Type -> You can find Partner Determination Procedure as "PartnDet.Proc." under "Partners" tab.

Visit http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/10/748534c4603c34e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm.

Sales Activities

Each kind of contact you have with a customer - making a sales call, a telephone call, or sending a sales letter - is recorded in the SAP R/3 System as a sales activity. The data you store and accumulate in the system becomes a valuable source of sales information and can be shared and accessed by other authorized sales personnel. For example, a field salesperson who is preparing to make a sales call can read the results of any recent telephone contacts with his or her customer made by the sales office staff. Likewise, a sales manager can obtain an overview of all sales activities in his or her area of responsibility, and, if authorized, can compare the results of his or her staff with the results of other groups. In addition, the sales activity information forms the basis for further activities, such as telemarketing.

A sales office wants to make follow-up telephone calls to a list of customers who recently received a direct mailing. Each salesperson in the office can create an individual work list of the customers to be called. He or she can branch directly from the work list to the screen where he or she records information about the telephone call.

In addition, the screen can display sales support information, such as a telephone script. If the customer wants to place an order immediately, the salesperson can branch directly to the order entry screens.

If the salesperson requires background information on the customer, such as payment terms, he or she can branch from the activity into the sales summary. He or she can also branch to the optical archive to gain more specific information from scanned documents, such as customer inquiries and requests which relate to the activity.

Sales Activity

The standard version of the SAP R/3 System includes the following activity types:

Sales calls

Telephone calls

Sales letters

The information that you can enter and maintain for different activity types depends on the settings which your system administrator makes in Customizing for Sales Support. Depending on the needs of your organization, the administrator can define special activity types in addition to those provided in the standard system.

In addition, there are up to 10 freely-definable attributes, or descriptions, that can be applied to sales activities. For example, attributes can specify if a sales activity is related to consulting or the resolution of customer problems. These attributes are also defined in Customizing by your system administrator.

Regards,

Srilatha.

Answers (0)