Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actuals after confirmation

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How actuals are moving in GL code when confirming activity.

I mean when GL comes in picture and how???

Ex. I am having 2 activities( one is supply and other is installation), Now if i want to post actuals to diffrent GL code, then how can i make it??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhi,

I also agree with Rasam.

G/L account is an FI entity. Cost element is the link between Fi and CO.

If you requirement is to post Supply and Installation to different G/L accounts, have different cost elements assigned to it.

If it is external activity , cost element can be directly mentioned at activity level.

If it is Internal activity ( may be Installation) than you cost element will be picked from the activity type of the work center you enter in the internal activity.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly not clear.let me elaborate it...

I m trying to post actuals using confirmation(Internal Activities) and it is throwing an error "GL code is not maintained for Company Code".

And that Company Code is picked up from Cost Centre maintained in Work Centre...So i have changed the Cost Centre and problem has been solved.

But while solving that problem..i checked that particular GL code but i have not understood from where that GL code has being picked up and how that GL is linked with that activity???

Regards

Edited by: Abhinay Gautam on Aug 20, 2008 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In project u defined a internal actvity.

To this internal activity we assign work center.

To this work center ( CNR02) we assign the cost center (KS02) and activity type. (KL02)

In transaction KL02 u can select the activity type In allocation default values u can see the assigned cost element.This is done by CO consultants.

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay ,

GL comes in picture when ur making any cost posting to the particular activity.The cost element which we enter during creation of external activty is the G/L account.

If for Supply and Installation if we create two external activities the posting at different G/L is possible by assigning different cost elements.

Rgds