cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Email for CCMS Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to configure automatic emails to the Users for the CMS Alerts. I have copied CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 method and created a new method which have to run as local autoreaction method.

In the method under

Execution tab -- Execute method on -

Any server

Control tab --- Periodically in dialog process

Parameter --- maintained as per the note 176492

released as an Autoreaction method

i have assigned to a MTE and the Red alert occured

in MTE --> open alerts --> display alerts -- > status is Active

but i am not getting an emails.

kindly advice

regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can refer to this SAP note 796998 for CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2.

The sender must be created in client 000.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lay Peng Lee

I have created the sender in 000 and all emails are going now but it is delayed. Even though SCOT background job i have scheduled and it is running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you check all the send request in SOST?

In case error, you can see the error message for further action.

If you get message number (msg) 672 Wait for communication service in the status bar, the system is unable to output the send status Transmitted.

In this case, check the settings you have chosen. You do this in transaction SAPconnect: Administration (System Status) (transaction SCOT) in the menu under Settings ® Confirmation of Receipt. Make sure that the option SAPconnect does not expect receipt confirm. for Internet mail is selected.

Hope this "Note 176492 - Automatic email when an alert occurs (RZ20)" will be useful for you.

Hope to hear your good news.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Yes the setting offered by Lee is true, check if its done.

after that go to t-code STZAC on client 000 and also on the other client you are using make sure the time zones are the same in both, if not, change the time zone in 000, it will reflect in all systems.

This might affect some background processes, but just in case I have seen 000 clients not at all touched under production scenarios, while making changes in the other clients and hence this in-consistency between 000 and other clients.

Make sure with the client if there are any processes running under any user on 000 client "user defined".

then you may also want to check if the user sending the mails in 000 has the same time zone defined under the defaults tab.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Please use the following link to know the way to configure Automatic e-mail generation for CCMS Alerts.

Defining an Automatic Alert Notification

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/abb2e7ff6311d194c000a0c93033f7/frameset.htm

Frequently Asked Questions - CCMS Monitoring Infrastructure

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/library/uuid/dae7037a-0901-0010-f998-fd29d955714b

In the following link, you can find all docs regarding this.

Alert-based Monitoring for Experts

Hope the above info is helpful.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if proper entries are maintained in SCOT and periodic job send_mail is running or not

if mail is triggered you can check status from SOST

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat Dangeti

Sorry for the delay, i got into some other work.

inSOST there is no emails waiting. I have assigned the same method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 as an analysis method for testing purpose, that time also no emails triggered.

Kindly advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

check the note 939616 for the Parameters tab .

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaustubh

Emails are started going, but all emails are delayed. How can i set the time zone in 000 so that it will be effective for all emails.