Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a user name & pwd to the BLT from the webpage

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there ....

Is there a way that i can pass the user name () and password to the BLT from the html page.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

you can pass {IllumLoginName] ans [IllumLoginPassword} in the following way:

- switch on the AutoBind property of XacuteConnector (Data Server)

- create transaction input parameter with the same name in your BLT

The values of the parameters will then be automatically filled into the BLT input paramaters at runtime when called from a webpage.

You may also find the following threads useful:

Access Custom Attributes in JavaScript and in Transactions

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15334261&messageID=5577743]

How do I access a request parameter in JavaScript on a report page?

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15334603&messageID=4929653]

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IllumLoginName will work as an auto-bound property into a BLS transaction, but I think that IllumLoginPassword is protected in a way that this will not work.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Jeremy ... IllumLoginPassword doesnt work... Is there a way that i can execute the BAPI with the MII credentials?

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael Thanks for the inputs,

I would test this and let you know...

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Please share the solution that you used,

Also I have a Question here, If the R/3 password is changed with MII credentials unchanged, what could be the possible solution there.

Kind Regards

Rupesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Probably a number of ways. The first that occurs to me is to use a Xacute query with an iCommand applet. But I am not sure how you would keep from exposing the name and password for all to see.

What are you trying to accomplish by passing the credentials that way? What will the BLT do with those two pieces of information?

Regards,

Mike

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

I am trying to execute SAP ERP transactions using BAPIs in the BLT, I donot want to use the generic user name and password to execute these BAPIs, instead with the current user who logged on to SAP MII.

This is what i am trying to accomplish

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mikes

I tried using the iCommand ... but this is used only to check the MII credentials ...

I want to pass both the user name and password to the SAP JCo action block. I tried to create a Transaction.Property CommandUserID1 .. but how do i get the password? This didnt work out.

Also, tried using the IllumLoginName and IllumPassword in the Transaction.Property ... didnt workout

Any other ideas ...

What i am trying to accomplish is to execute a BAPI using different MII user credentials .. Requirement is to record the transaction in ERP with the user currently user in MII.

Thanks,

Ajay.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

If you are simply trying to trace the MII user who records the transaction, there may be simpler ways to accomplish this. Your approach will work as long as the MII user name is the same as the ERP user name and the passwords remain synchronized. I do not know if that is the case for you.

If you have the option of creating a custom BAPI, it would be very simple. For other BAPIs it might be more complicated. Which BAPI are you trying to use?

Regards,

Mike

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

Trying to execute standard BAPIs ....

Thanks,

Ajay.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any particular one or just a whole bunch of them?

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bunch of them Mike...

ex: Goods Movement

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't get the from the session, either with irpts or the XacuteConnector auto binding, because this attribute is protected.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved this using SSO

Thank you all ..

- Ajay.