cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Channel Status Data Programmatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

I am searching for a possibility to get status data from adapter engine channels in an ABAP program. The status data should provide the same information as the channel monitor in the RWB does, i.e. whether a channel is started, stopped or error, and whether a started channel is in status inactive, ok or failure etc.

Maybe there is a webservice or RFC server program for getting these data?

Kind regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasJob
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

there is a servlet that can do this. The servlet url is like:

http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=action

You can set the value for parameter action as start, stop and status. With this you can do the administrative actions on the channel and get its status. Your user needs some security roles for this servlet. The security component is sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.app*AdapterFramework and the roles are xi_af_channel_admin_display (to get the status) and xi_af_channel_admin_modify (to start and stop channels).

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am trying to get the error info about the last error for any particular comm channel.

When I tried accessing the URL, it always gives the following info. But I am tyring to get the last error description or something like that. It just tells the state as ERROR. I did download the xsd from the link. http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/channelAdmin/ChannelAdmin.xsd.

The xsd has 3 messages.

Could you please help me.

<Channels>

<Channel>

<Party /> <Service>BS_PRG_AGED_INVENTORY_RECEIVER</Service>

<ChannelName>CC_STAGE_TABLE_JDBC_RECEIVER</ChannelName> <ChannelID>6f9aba4e76ef3a11854636712d9688e4</ChannelID>

<ActivationState>ERROR</ActivationState>

</Channel>

</Channels>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Did you succeed in what you are trying to do?

I am trying to get the current status of the Comm channel of JDBC adapter for a particular service.

could you please help me with this?

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also only used this URL to get the pure status flags, but did not get further details of the channel status.

Nevertheless, I would also be interested in getting such information about a channel, especially when it is in an error state.

Kind regards,

Christoph