cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to fin a blog where can explain me on how to solve a problem that I have, my scenario is as follows:

JDBC Asynchronous -> XI BPM-> R/3 ABAP Server PROXY Synchronous

so I need to handle in the BPM exceptions like timeouts in the R/3 processing, R/3 is not available in the network or some problems like that so I can send an Email to respective users to find out the infrastructure problems, can anyone help with a blog or maybe some documentation on how to do this, thanks in advance.

regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet, I stopped that BPM because of priority of others but I'm going to to it again in this week, but haven't found any solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried with a fault messsage type in the synchronous interface, but the kind of exceptions such as timeout or R/3 server down where is the proxy raises a system exceptions so it doesn't react to that, so I'm trying to map the error to send it via an email, I know about the alerts but the need is to send an email with some description of the error ocurred that raised the exception, thanks for your answers and suggestions if somebody have other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio Cesar,

Did you find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue while catching system error in bpm. I want to send the error description in response in send - close SA bridge.

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks the blog is helpful, now I can catch the execption in the BPM but I'm trying to obtain the message of the exception so I can map it and send via email, and I need a container that is the request message of the synchronous step that is raising the exception but in the mapping I can't obtain nor the container of the request message or the text of the exception is there a way to obtain this so I can map them and send them via email?????, thanks in advance for your answers.

regards,

julio cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Check if you can use fault messages for capturing the exception text. Refer the following link.

[|]

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Refer the following link

[|]

It might help. A little part of it tell tells you how to set up exceptions in BPM.

As far as times outs are considered, you can catch then in XI as system exception.

Regards,

Akshay

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos