cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step for Reinstall NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am tyring to install NW 4.6C in my personal computer, after database instance installed I am getting some problem while i install sap instance... then I have to re-create partition and reformat HDD, reinstall windows XP and start over...

Is there any procedure, incase of error while database or sap instance instation, I can reinstall again without format HDD + reinstall windows XP again...

In other words, how to found out folder / files / registory remove sap and database and reinstall again sap NW ???

thanks in advanced

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case the installation fails.. you need to troubleshoot and find out why it failed (which is most likely on the logs) and once the error is fix resume the installation.

No need to scrap the whole thing and start again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan is correct, debugging and fixing problems is normally better than uninstalling/reinstalling -- you will probably hit the same problem again unless you debug the error. However, uninstallation steps for SAP systems is usually found and the end of the Installation Guide.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to uninstall a NW

The steps were

1) Using the sapinst, choose the uninstall (the option is in the Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks)

2) Uninstall the database instance (I had SQL Server, and this could do it the control panel/add remove programs)

3) Delete the files under \usr\sap

4) Delete the database directories (data, log files, etc)

5) Restart the server

Thats all, I could reinstall a NW.

I hope you could do it too...

regards