cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD and Engineering & Construction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am on a new project and it is my first exposure to the engineering and construction environment. I am a senior SD consultant but I am failing to understand certain decisions.

The project has taken the decision to interface SAP with a non-SAP software as it seems that the bills of service are by far too big to be handled by SAP - the process would be too cumbersome.

First I do not know if this statement is correct, because surely this company is not the only one in the environment and surely not every engineering & construction SAP site will interface with this external tool for planning and estimation purposes - perhaps I am wrong.

So I have some questions to all those senior PS consultants:

- why can a BOS be uploaded into the external tool and not into PS or even into SD as a customer BOS?

- is it really true that the SAP process to handle bills of service that can extend to 20000 line items would be too cumbersome?

- if this external program interfaces with PS - why can't we follow the standard integrated processes between PS and SD? Why make use of "text" items in SD that derive absolutely no functionality?

- why can't HR integrated with PS for resource planning purposes?

These are all questions that I have that no one here seems to care about. As I am not the team lead I cannot even express my opinion.

Thanking you for your replies

Kookie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kookie,

You have posted the right question at wrong place. This forum is mostly access by SD consultants since your query is not related to SD you canu2019t expect good response for your question.

I suggest you to post the same question in Project System (PS) related forum. There people will definitely answer to your question by using all their expertise.

Regards,

Vamsi

Edited by: Victor Collins on Aug 19, 2008 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is not only intended for PS.

The issue below is PS related but it can be approached from an SD perspective since it fully impacts on the SD processes.