cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCA: Sample Adapter Transaction Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me the transaction level supported by Sample Adapter.In the code they are using SAPResourceAdapter to access the J2EE Thread Manager.But in the code it has given that it won't support Local Transaction or XA Resource.

So what is the Transaction level supported by Sample Adapter.

regards,

siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in sample adapter, there is a transaction management.but i don't know clearly what it is.

txMgr = msRes.getTransactionManager();

txMgr.begin()

txMgr.commit().

can I remove this?

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to distinguish between 1) the Transaction level support of the J2EE Connector Architecture (JCA) and 2) the internal usage of the J2EE transaction manager.

Ad 1) the XI docu says <i>JCA resource adapters can provide all kinds of JCA transactions. The Adapter Framework does not use them</i>. That's why the sample adapter uses NoTransaction.

Ad 2): The transaction manager has to be used for asynchronous processing (QoS Exactly Once). This is used for transaction management inside the adapter. For details see the sample adapter code or the Adapter Development docu http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/59d6409ff68631e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any books available on JCA Adapter Development.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As far as i know the transaction level supported by Sample Adapter is "NO TRANSACTION".

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

Transaction level: "No TRansaction" means it won't support transaction management or any other meaning.Then what about SAPResourceAdapter used in Sample Adapter.

regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As per my knowledge the transaction level supported by Sample Adapter. But i dont have much information on this.

Check out these link, they might be helpful:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ac/b2a140c1492a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

REgards,

chandra.Kotha