cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Creating Composite Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning! I am trying to create a process that creates composite roles and derived roles. I found the BAPI /VIRSA/RE_BAPI_CREATE_ROLE and can successfully create a derived role but cannot get it to create a composite role successfully. Does anyone have detailed documentation on how composite roles are created in GRC or does anyone know if a seperate BAPI is used to generate composite roles? I have been searching endlessly and cannot find any detailed documention on the Role Expert in GRC. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

this BAPI seems to be creating composite roles as well. There's a part in the code checking for role type 'C' (=Composite) and performing the actions to create these.

What exactly do you want to achieve? What does "can't get it to work" mean?

If it doesn't work via RE, do you get an error message? Did you open an OSS?

Regards

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to call this function module to create a composite role and then attach roles to it. I am testing the function module through SE37 and I've tried passing in several different combinations of data and while I do not receive any errors from running it I am not getting a composite role generated either. I do see the function module has the ability to generate composite roles but since I do not have childroles attached it appears to skip the code and exit out of the routine. I was thinking I could just create a composite role without any childroles but I'm not sure if that is possible. I'm basically just running different scenarios to see what different outcomes I receive. I'm not in the position to have access to GRC to see what it Role Expert does on the front end. I figured if I understood what it did on the front end then the back end would make more sense

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found that in the ChildRoles table if I used the composite role as the parent and the role I wanted to attach as the child role, it would create the composite role correctly.