Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning All - Is there any way to transport user groups from on system to other..Ex: DEV to TST and TST to PRD.

I dont see any option to transport these from one system to other, please correct me if I am wrong...as per my understanding..."user groups are client dependent and have to create in each client manually".

Thank you all...look forward your suggestion!

8 REPLIES 8

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to your basis guys about transporting table entries. Shouldn't be too big a poblem.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

you are right, it was not planned to transport those entries. So you can only transport them manually.

1. transaction SE01 - create a task as transport of copies

2. enter the piece list in change mode ... and add the entries

R3TR TABU USGRP_USER

R3TR TABU USGRP

3. press the key button for this entries and specifi your needed

entries (with double click you can get a maintenance popup)

( i.e 800* ... means all entries in client 800)

4. You wil get a warning that the tables are class A but nevertheless

you can now release the task.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

You might also want to include table - USGRPT - in case you have them in different langauges.

0 Kudos

Provided you're using CUA, you can also resolve this problem by adding an entry in table PRGN_CUST as follows:

ID = CUA_USERGROUPS_CHECK, Path = "C". Then, transport the modified contents of PRGN_CUST to all your systems.

The result is that whenever a user is transported (via CUA) to a system where his/her user group is not previously created, the group will be automatically inserted into table USGRP.

Note that the corresponding text entry (USGRPT) will NOT be created, only the user group itself. However, this solution removes the cause of the annoying error messages in SCUL due to "user group not found"...

The above solution is probably the quickest and time-saving resolution in large environments, ie. CUA landscapes with 20+ systems and with large numbers of user groups. For small-scale CUA environments (up to 10 or so systems), you may consider transporting table contents as described above, at least initially.

Nonetheless, if your user groups continue to grow at a rapid pace, you may find yourself creating lots of transports, in which case the above parameter in PRGN_CUST may help.

Regards,

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for the help.

0 Kudos

This was very helpful for me too. Thanks all of you.

But can you advice me how can I transport the description of the User Groups too.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you transport the entire table USGRPT, than you must get both USer Group and User Group text.

Regards

Anandm

0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I have to create large numbers of users groups in many systems and transporting entire table USGRPT will be very time-consuming.

With table PRGN_CUST it is really very easy to create the new groups. Is there any other way to create these descriptions?

Regards,

Mariya