cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am having a scenario in which SOAP is sender and RFC is receiver and it is a sync communication.I have to use fault message type in the sync message Interface for some error handling.

Can somebody help me out on how to use fault message type and implement in the scenario.

Good documents will be helpful.

Helpful answers will be rewarded points...

Thanks & Regards,

Zabiulla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fault message is a error meesage. Its like an exception in simple terms. The fault message is used to

store a log for application error. Fault messages is defined in IR.

To give a overview on Fault messages it is mostly used in synchronous communication. When an error

occurs at the inbound side instead of sending the response message back it sends a fault message back

to the sender system to handle error.

Fault Message are Msg type that provided whenever u create a namespace..they are usually used to get

the exception or error mapped which has occured while execution of Application at the sender/receiver

end....

Fault messages are used to propogate / send back the error message to the calling application. This is

used when there is a failure and the sending system needs to know what the error was. This is more of

catching Application Errors

Handling Web Service SOAP Fault Responses in SAP NetWeaver XI -

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some nice documents and threads. Hope they help...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dd/b7623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm

Handling Web Service SOAP Fault Responses in SAP NetWeaver XI

Fault Message Types - A Demo

Best Regards

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check this out.