cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about SOAP receiver port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering which port is used by PI to send SOAP messages to a webservice (SOAP receiver channel) Is this the JAVA or ABAP port? Because when I check the url http://host:abap-port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet? I get the following response:

Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:

Servlet com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/xi/645_VAL_REL/src/_adapters/_soap/java/com/sap/aii/af/mp/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#12 $) bound to /MessageServlet

Classname ModuleProcessor: null

Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean

Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null

ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated

ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorLocalLocalObjectImpl0_0

ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated

I get exactly the same response when I use the java-port. I would expect that the SOAP receiver uses the JAVA port, since the SOAP adapter is a part of the J2EE adapter engine, but the above confuses me.

Who can shed some light onto this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sender SOAP adapter no column for port, for SOAP receiver side give receiver port information, this information we can get from basis, why because basis only knows complete information about ports. SAP system level ports only need to give in receiver SOAP adapter no need firewall ports.

Firewall is simply authenticate ports for sender & receiver ports, whatever ports we are enabled in SAP, that ports information will give in firewall configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this blog for reference

Using the SOAP inbound channel of the Integration Engine

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers, but this all concerns the sending SOAP channels. I'm using the receiver SOAP channel in the following set up:

R/3 --> PI --> firewall --> webservice

For the firewall configuration I need the correct port that the PI SOAP adapter uses to send messages to the webservice, not the other way around.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in the soap receiver adapter did you select configure certificate authentication

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I didn't. I selected:

Transport protocol: HTTP

Message protocol: SOAP 1.1

Adapter engine: Integration Server

Target url: target

That's all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think you have checked configure proxy

then you need to give

host and port

try giving the port as 5xx01 (xx=system number)

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I haven't checked configure proxy, because I'm not using one.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am wondering which port is used by PI to send SOAP messages to a webservice

For receiver soap, no such port option is required to be configured.

At sender, for the url u have mentioned, java port is used e.g. 5xx00 where xx is the instance no of XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know the port because I have to request firewall access to let the SOAP messages pass the firewall.

If the JAVA port is used at the sender side, why is the ABAP port then working as well? This shouldn't be the case, or should it?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At sender there r 2 options to send data to XI.

1. If the url is http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel then port is Java port 5xx00 as mentioned above.

2. If the url is http://<server>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<YourService>&Interface=<...; then abap port is used.

Regards,

Prateek