cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Clients for test???parallel testing??etc..

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We are preparing to do training, parallel testing etc... for our project of converting PeopleSoft Payroll & Time&Labour to SAP HCM .

In doing this there has been a request to add multiple clients in the one instance to do training, parallel testing etc..

Our goal is to go live (pay from SAP) Jan.01,2009. We have a FULL slate of admin. requests , and my issue with creating multiple clients is that they would be adding more work to maintain over the next few months.

Can anyone provide arguements/experiences pro/con?

Appreciate Your inputs

Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who contributed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Payroll (and related) stuff is client dependent so it's no problem to have several clients in one instance to test/evaluate/destroy.

The database size will grow but apart from that the clients don't influence each other.

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this to be true as well, my heart agrees, but I am just thinking support wise (transports etcc) are we creating more work to maintain additional clients?

m.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

If these clients will ONLY exist in our QAS environment will this effect the rest or our landscapes

ie. All servers have only one SAP app & db installed (windows NT sql 2005)

DEV clients 200, 600

QAS clients 200, 600 (to be added 201 202)

Prdn clients 200, 600

I'm confused as to how we will transport changes (if requred) to thes new clients in QAS? I'm thinking I may need to

maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

clarification...

that is transports coming from client 200 in Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you create the client ( 201 , 202 )?

it's creating newly or creating by client copy of source client 200 of QAS ?

regards,

kaushal

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I will be creating a client copy of client 200 in QAS (creating 2 new clients 201 and 202)

client 200 being the source.

By doing this of course I will be consuming additional resources (disc space), how do we estimate for the additional space? or is this done thru the test run? I ask this because I did a run on our sandbox and I found that it consumed every bit of disc space left ( now I have deleted the newly created client, but it does not seem to have released the space)

maria

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you find out it doesn´t free the space?

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Looking in Explorer my directory D:\ where the db exists is completly full

however in db02

(same for all 3 datafiles)

data1 size is 57,546MB

used 48,368MB

Limit = No limit

Growth = 60MB

Free disk = 13

Maybe I'm observing this incorrectly?

I had to delete the client because when I tried to create the client I got an error referring to the limitations on space.

?

Maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus...

after deleting the client I created, the space consummed by the client copy was not released.

The directory (MS SQL on WIndows) where the database resides remains at the size it was before I removed the newly created client.

It seems I may have two options... add more space or db re-org...

m.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database will use the free space. If 48 GB are filled you have 12 GB for the new client.

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus,

For this additional clients in QAS, what is most recommended in order to transport from DEV to QAS

from client 200 DEV to client 200 QAS I use stms, is it recommended to use stms to transport from client 200 DEV to CLIENT 201 and 202 QAS?

OR use scc1?

thanks,

Maria