cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I need to send an article master idoc from sap to pos,whenever i transfer article master it needs to update 2 tables(item and ean) at a same time is it posibble to do or we need to go 2 scenarios for getting seperate files for each table.

please suggest

ragrds

raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you go with 2 mappings is fine.

Pos system accept ASCII formate files.according to primary key pos system internaly makes a link

between the tables.So Create mapping one sender and two receiver.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakasu

thank you for your answer,here i am having only reciever ie pos then how can i create 2 recievers,can you please provide more information.

regards

raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create two Inbound Message Interface.

Create two mappings with same IDOC and two different Target.

For your Receiver add both interfaces.

Create two interface determination.

Create two Receiver agreement with two different communication channel.

Regards,

Prakasu

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieve this by multimapping as you want two messages at the same time.

SO create a multimapping. create two interfaces and

after that you have to choose messages tab in the "message mapping" and add the second message also.

In interface determination choose enhanced option and select your mapping you will see two interfaces.

now two receiver agreement would come and there you can have two channels according to your need.

for your ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/frameset.htm

Edited by: Manas on Aug 19, 2008 5:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you create two separate message mappings and interface mappings -

mapping the same sender IDoc interface to two separate Target interfaces.

In the configuration (ID):

- Create one Receiver Determination for the Only receiver system.

- Create one Interface Determination rule, but here you specify both the mappings for two separate interfaces.

Add two rows in the Receiver Interface List, and select corresponding interface mappings from IR.

This will result in two messages with the same payload at runtime. A different mapping is executed for both messages and then they are forwarded to the two interfaces at the receiver.

This way you can specify to route the same source message to more than one interfaces in the interface determination.

- Create two different Receiver Agreements for the corresponding receiver interfaces. Hope this will work.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudda

thanks for the answer, do we need to create 2 communication channels for the reciever since we need to get get 2 files with different name,we can mention only one file name in comm channel.

regards

raghu

Edited by: raghu y on Aug 20, 2008 6:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

If you want to create the files with different names using same file channel..................you may use dyanmic fila naming..........variable substitution / adapter specific message attributes. I think that way only one file CC would serve your purpose

But, if you want static file names and two different names for two types of files then you would have to create two separate channels though.

The choice is up to you as per the design.

Regards,

Suddha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u planning to use XI for this process. In case u have tables on the same system, u may use the Message Control option of Partner Profile in ALE settings to perform certain activities like updating the table using Outbound Processing Codes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b804d43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

If the tables are on other system then Idoc to jdbc scenario should be configured. Then u may have multiple Statement tab to insert into multiple tables.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain 2 separate scenarios for Each

1) Article Master (WP_PLU03)

2) EAN (WP_EAN01)

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your scenario? Is it IDOC to JDBC?