Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following tables:

Main Table

- Field1 (Text field and Calculated Field)

Qualified Table

- Country (Text Field, Non Qualifier and Display Field)

- Local Codes (Text Field, Qualifier and Display Field)

And I would like to have the Local Codes in my Calculated field1 (in the main table) from my Qualified table but the calculation is based on the Country.

Like If Country is Germany I want to display the Local Code etc.

Problem: The Country Field is not accessible from the Field1 editor. Is it normal? We can not access the Non Qualifier field from the main table editor.

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If I have understood your requirement correctly,

You are right that the default field in a qualified Table which is a Non-Qualifer and a Display Field, cannot be put in Calculation expression.

Like in your case, if you want to use Country in the Calculated Expression, it will not show up.

However, there is a Workaround.

Create one more field which is a Non-Qualifer and a display field.

Make the Country field as Non-display.

Delete the country field.

Rename the new Field by Country.

Now, you will be able to include Country in the Calculated Expression.

I hope it suits your requirement.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

And I would like to have the Local Codes in my Calculated field1 (in the main table) from my Qualified table but the calculation is based on the Country.

- You can have this requirement work in MDM but the only drawback here will be that you will ahve the write all the possibilities in the calculation exression for eg: If(Country=Germany,Code=De) just a sample expression.

In this manner you will have to write for every country what should be the possible code.

- By doing in this fashion you can eliminate the qualified tabel and satisfiy the req using the calculated field option

- Howvever if you have such a req wherein one field is dependent on the other it is always recommended to use the qualified table as is designed to handle this kind of information.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto