cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg. Import server/Logical issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sometimes faced with this issue and wanted to share with you guys so that I can take some steps to prevent this.

Assume I have a qualified table and main table. With import sequence in mind, I will first import Qual table and then the main table...

Of course the ports are different for Qual and Main tables and port sequence number of Qual is before the Main one.

Now assume we have a structural (or any) exception which prevents Qual data to be imported. Import server will scan the next port (Main) and import the data as planned.

Here comes the issue. Is there a mechanism wherein I can specify that move ahead only when Qual data is imported. Else its like doing the entire process again... I am sure some of you must have faced this situation of making ports/tables "mutually exclusive".

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

Is there a mechanism wherein I can specify that move ahead only when Qual data is imported

- I fear theer is no way to handle this.as once you have made both the ports(for qual and for main table import) as automatic the import server will scan the ports sequentially and import teh records in that ports ready folder if available there is no means of putting a condition between the two scans.

- What i didnt follow is why are you going for an automatic import for the qualified tabel records as well.If you qual table contains lookups you can prepopulate them in one go and for an on going process you wil need to import the main tabel fields only.

When you are importing the main tabel fields you can map the qualifiers as well.so you will get the qualifier value as aginst the specified record. and the non qualifiers shuld not be changing often.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona,

Just to quote you

What i didnt follow is why are you going for an automatic import for the qualified tabel records as well.If you qual table contains lookups you can prepopulate them in one go and for an on going process you wil need to import the main tabel fields only.

Lets take an example. Take customers calling a call centre. We can have new customers with their addresses changing or some with new addresses altogether....

You have to import these Addresses on the fly using Import server... you cannot rely on IM then taking into account the limited operations of call centre guys... So the idea is to import Qual addresses and then go for address inks via main table import...

@Nitin: The point still remains that you need to import "those" main records to establish the qualified links to newly appended/updated/replaced qualified records...

Thats where I thought it would be nice to have a check which can say Qual records not imported so do not import main records and shoot an email to Data Steward/Owner...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

What I will suggest you in thise is case, is to use the Feature

Default Qualified Update.- Append/Replace/update which is present in the Config Options of the Import Manager

So whenever you face this problem of structural exceptions, you can use this feature and save it in our map.

SO if the Main Table is already imported, the Qualifed data can still be updated or appended to the data present in the Data Manager.

You can use this feature according to your requirement and save it in the Import Map.

Hope it suits your requirement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain