SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process to implement register usage charges ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can nybdy pls tell tht how this scenario can be handled?

whther it is taken care at Device management level or billing level? if psble.

How is this process handled?

I want to create a register group with three registers types morning peak ,evening peak and normal usage hour rates where for a single day i want to (according to different usage charges) measure the consumption for on-peak and off- peak rate types & normal usage?

e.g

register 1 morning peak(0600- 1200 hrs)consumption 100 units

register 2 evening peak (1800-2200 Hrs) consumption 200 units

register 3(1200-1800 & 2200-0600 hrs) consumption 50 units

i want that the consumption accrding to the usage hrs gets stored in different register or is there another way to incorporate this type of situation.

How this gets reflected if i create only one register?if psble.

How is this stored at the register level if for a morning peak,evening peak and normal usage hours?

Help wud be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Edited by: sapuser sap on Aug 21, 2008 7:12 AM

3 REPLIES 3

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sees as you should check the IS-U-EDM parts of IS-U including RTP (real time pricing). Otherwise it's quite hard to create this example.

As usually IS-U meter reading is just DAILY based, you can have one meter reading a day which is used in billing. So - if you set up three different registers those CAN contain your morning, evening and normal peak. In Billing you will have to take care of that - which will probably not that easy.

Therefore probably please consider using EDM as there ou can have reading values for each quarter of an hour (you also can have values for each hour and so on). I hope that helps a bit.

KR

Uwe

0 Kudos

I agree with Uwe. EDM is ment to solve issues like this.

However... EDM is not the most straight forward and easy part of ISU to get working (not to mention billing it). So if you don't have expertise in EDM, and you don't have time to learn it, you could also build your own pre-processing program: simply a Z-program that reads your consumptions and then adds them according to usage hours and distributes them to the correct register.

I've build something similar at a water utility company and it works fine! The only disadvantage is that you don't have the fancy graphs from EDM, but we have BW for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are measuring the usage in 3 registers you can easily bill this using diff rate type. We had set up a on-peak rate and off-peak rate for a US client and it was working fine.

John