cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:- Include portal DC in Enterprise Application DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to reference a portal DC from an Enterprise Application DC.

Here's the scenario:

We have a Web Module DC which uses a portal DC as Used DC. Then I created an Enterprise Application DC to deploy the Web Module DC. But, when the EAR file is deployed, I am getting the following exception:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.SAPNoClassDefFoundError: com/sapportals/portal/prt/component/AbstractPortalComponent

I have tried to add the Portal DC and epbc.prtapi._api as Used DCs to the Enterprise Application DC. The DC dependancy type is defined as "Build Time, Deploy Time and Run Time" for Portal DC and "Build Time" for epbc.prtapi._api DC. Yet, I am facing the same issue.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot use Portal DCs in this way, because they are not regular J2EE DCs. They run inside the Portal runtime, not in the J2EE runtime. You can however define Portal Services in Portal DCs and expose these as web services. You can then call the web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thank you very much for your answer. That was indeed very helpful.

Now, I have followed a different approach. I have exported the PAR file as a JAR and added this JAR file to an external library along with prtapi.jar. Now I have created 2 Public Parts "assembly" and "compilation" for both the JARs.

I have used the External Library DC as Used DC for the EAR. Now, I am able to successfully deploy the Enterprise Application DC and access my application without any runtime errors.

I hope this is the right approach. Can you suggest me an optimized approach for the same, if any?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

Pavithra