cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SPAM and SMLT!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have ECC 6.0 system running on win2k3 system oracle 10.2g as database.

There are two problems in

01) SMLT 02) SPAM

We wanted to install the Croatian language in this system. Now the system needed patch upgrade.

We tried to upgrade SAP_BW patch level 10,11 and 12 but its prerequisite was PI_BASIS 2006 and that is why it got canceled. (We had PI_BASIS 2005).

Deleted the entries from database tables and from saint-imported PI_BASIS 2006.

SMLT

After that tried to install Croatian language HR from SMLT.

Before patch up gradation, we have tried to install the same but got error that the lang package was not installed successfully and SMLT was yellow and no login was possible with HR.

But after up gradation again tried to install the same. This time previous entry from smlt is red and crossed but new installation sign is yellow. But this time login is possible but with HU (Hungarian) and not HR (Croatian) which we have installed.

SPAM

SAP_BASIS patch 11. But it got failed (canceled). We have deleted from table pat01 and pat03.

Queue is empty but still from spam SAP_BASIS 11 patch is in red sign. How to resolve it? No log is present.

When I tried to import it again (SAP_BASIS 11), display/queue is showing no package is in the queue. But from the database table, only in pat03 table entry of SAP_BW 10, 11 and 12 are present. pat01 table is empty.

When I tried to import SAP_BW 10,11 & 12 packages it is showing the error

OCS_CHECK_PREDECESSOR -- > OCS_EXTENDED_UPLOAD: 2

Now I am not able to login with HR (Croatian language) and from SPAM patch up gradation is not also possible.

Please suggest

Regards,

Souren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why the croatian language import requests an update of PI_BASIS...

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPAM

SAP_BASIS patch 11. But it got failed (canceled). We have deleted from table pat01 and pat03.

Your system is in an inconsistent state because some imports already ran but the tables containing the patchlevels don´t reflect that.

This is a serious condition and you should open an OSS call ASAP and explain the support what you did, maybe they can resurrect the system. It´s possible that you will need to restore the database from a backup.

I can just suggest: NEVER fiddle with PAT* tables. They contain just the state of the patch installation but deleting entries won´t revert back the changes that were already made. You have now a "half installed" Basis SP11 where SPAM and the other status tables are not aware of.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But FYI....Entries from PAT files are deleted after the cancellation of the patch installation.

Could you please suggest on smlt part?

Regards,.

Souren